cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no "return receipt" on Pre-HIPAA letters?

tag
reereetx
Contributor

Why no "return receipt" on Pre-HIPAA letters?

Just curious.  I sent out my letters the other day certified mail.  I did NOT have the box marked that said RETURN RECEIPT and I specifically told my dad (who mailed it for me since he was going by to check on something else) that I did NOT want RR...anyway, he forgot and told them RR.  Does it make much difference?  Why are you not supposed to send it RR?  Guess that's what i get for not doing it myself...he offered though and I gave him some cash to cover it.  Oh well!  I guess I'll see what happens!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why no "return receipt" on Pre-HIPAA letters?

Makes no difference. I send everything CMRRR unless it is a GW. IMO I found that CMRRR works best for a DV or a dispute with the CRAs. I use it when I want proof that my letter was received.
Message 2 of 6
reereetx
Contributor

Ok, that makes me feel better.  Can you tell me why you don't send it CMRRR for a GW?  I will be sending some of those soon as well.  Thanks!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because it would be a waste of money. A GW does not have to be answered!  I use CMRRR when I want a siggy (you can't always read it tho), a time stamp or It is urgent & you do not want it to get lost.
Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-17-2009 11:55 AM
Message 4 of 6
RadioRob
Established Contributor

In addition, when sending GW letters you are basically asking them for a favor.  When you send something CMRRR, it's more formal.  It can sometimes appear you're demanding a response and such.

Message 5 of 6
reereetx
Contributor

All makes sense.  Thanks!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.