Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would the dates change???

tag
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Why would the dates change???

I have a total of 4- yes 4 Tradelines on a TU credit report- one from 11/08 and another from 4/09.  Both list these 4 tradelines to fall off in the next couple od months.  But my more recent credit reports list them as falling off in 2012! What gives and what should i do.

Trade Line                                             Previous fall off dates                         Current fall off dates

CACH LLC (paid)                                     12/2010                                                   12/2012

Chase  (sold to CACH)                           10/2010                                                    10/2012

HSBC Bank (paid)                                      1/2011                                                     1/2013

Citi/Shell (paid)                                           6/2010                                                     5/2012

What could have caused the dates to change since there has been no $ exchanged with them.  All of these were paid since i started my credit rebuilding ventures years ago.  Why would the "fall off dates change and can i simply send a copy of my 2009 report saying honor what you told me before?

Help!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Why would the dates change???

Tradelines dont fall off.   What falls are individual derogs reported under the account.

If you had lates reported after the date of the prior credit report, the new drop date is probably that of the more recent delinquencies.

OC accounts can have one or plural delinquencies reported, each with their own drop off dates.,

Message 2 of 7
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Sorry- on the TU reports, the exact terminology is:

Estimated date that this item will be removed: etc etc etc

all accounts are closed and paid...

Sorry I was not clear the first time.

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What are the dates of all prior monthly delinquncies (e.g., 30/60/90 day lates), or any charge-off, on each OC account?

Neither paid nor closed status has any relevance to the individual dop off dates for each delinqeuncy.

Message 4 of 7
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

CACH- placed for collection 5/2005, date closed (paid i believe) 2/2007- estimated date this item will be removed: 12/2010

Chase -sold to CACH- date date closed 1/2006 but shows date paid as 11/2005???  estimated date this item will be removed: 10/2010

HSBC- date closed 6/2006, date paid 2/2006??  estimated date this item will be removed:1/2011

Shell/Citibank- date closed 8/2005 date paid 4/2007, estimated date this item will be removed: 6/2010

None of the month to month delinquencies are showing on any of the accounts but from what i can remember with all 3 (except CACH) the delinquencies started in 2005 due to money troubles i was having at the time.  the above mentioned paid dates are not necessarily from me as funny as it sounds but.. the main question is do i have a chance at holding them to the original dates? 

My masterminded plan was to wait until Feb of 2011(because the last to be removed should be Shell/Citi in 1/2011)...  and send one letter with a copy of the credit report from 2009 asking them to honor all 4 dates or tell me why they have changed....

Just tryinf to find out if there is any known reason why these dates would change.

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for the update.  You may get CR deletion in 2011, but if you want to contest deletion if it does not occur, you must address each item that remains in your CR that has passed its date under FCRA 605(a).

Maybe an example will help in understanding my questions about potential CR deletion:

You say that your delinquencies began in 2005.  So take an example account as follows:

30-day late     1/2005     (would drop, under FCRA 605(a)(4), after 1/2012)    (assume this is your DOFD)

60-day late     2/2005     (would drop, under FCRA 605(a)(4), after 2/2012)

90-day late     3/2005     (would drop, under FCRA 605(a)(4), after 3/2012)

Charge-off      4/2005     (would drop, under FCRA 605(c), after 7/2012)

Collection      5/2005     (would dop, under FCRA 605(c), after 7/2012)

Each item of information has its own date of occurance, and its own date of CR removal. 

To dispute continued inclusion in your CR that you feel has passed its required deletion date, you must wait until the date that you asert is its drop off date has expired, and it is nonethless still in your CR.  Then you contact the CR and assert illegal inclusion in your CR.  You dont dispute projected fall off dates before they occur.  Creditors dont report projected CR deletion dates.  No, you cant hold a CRA to the earlier posted projections.  They were just their internal estimates.  A falloff date of 2010 would requrie the delinquency to have occured in 2003.  That does not seem to match the dates in your posting.

If the credtor reported a delinquency that was not reported in an earlier CR, that delinquency would have its own, and possibly later, drop off date. Maybe they added a 90-day late that was not previously reported.  They can do that, if the delinquency was accurate.  Which would explain why the projected date in your CR might change.

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, looks like everything shifted by 2 yrs, and of course the DOFD would have shifted by 2 yrs too. Are the new DOFDs accurate? Or was the old DOFD correct?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.