cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will 180 day student loan lates prevent you from getting new credit for the whole 7 years?

tag
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Re: Will 180 day student loan lates prevent you from getting new credit for the whole 7 years?

You can only rehab a loan if it's defaulted. It looks like OP just has late payments, so unfortunately it wouldn't work in this case. Certainly don't default the loan so you can rehab and get the negs removed Smiley Happy Rehabbing a loan is a pain and the fees they charge are ridiculous!

Few people on this forum have had luck GWing Sallie Mae, but generally they're pretty strict about their reporting policies. You should still definitely give it a try!

Message 21 of 22
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will 180 day student loan lates prevent you from getting new credit for the whole 7 years?

My loans were just late and they threatened to default me but that never happened. 

My situation really feels like i'm in jail.  Really feel like I have no financial freedom.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.