cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will All Acccounts In Bankcrupcy Fall Off Getting Close?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will All Acccounts In Bankcrupcy Fall Off Getting Close?

I filed a Chapter 13 in February 2010. It was discharged and completed in August 2015.  According to my calculations and Trans Union most of the accounts included in my bankrupcy will start falling off of my credit in August and September of this year. This is due to the age of the acccounts. The actual bankrupcy will not be removed until either January or Feburary 2017 when I hit the 7 year mark.. 

I have worked hard to reestablish my credit since August of last year.  My credit scores are currently at 613, 632 and 650.  On my credit reports it still shows 2 very old Capital One accounts as being open but the included in bankrupcy comment is listed on the reports.  My FICO shows 2 accounts as being reported with late payments

All of my new credit is being paid on time I have never missed a payment and usually pay early. I am assuming that it is the two Capital One accounts or possibly one of my other bankruptcy accounts that is causing this. All of the old accounts show as being included in bankrupcy.

Should I just wait this out since it is so close to aging off of my credit? Will the other credit bureaus follow Trans Union and remove from my report as well?  I am hoping my score will go up in the near future when these negative items finally age off.  The only other thing that would show us is a paid medical collection for $55.00.  I have had no success in getting this removed. The collection agency refuses to take it off despite a phone call and letter.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Will All Acccounts In Bankcrupcy Fall Off Getting Close?

If TU starts removing them, you can ask for EE from the other 2 bureaus, but they do not follow suit with one another. They have their own ways of doing things. As an FYI, when fhe negatives do disappear, you may not see a dramatic increase, due to the fact that a negative will still be reporting.

You will probably get points, but the big bang in score rises typically comes when the last negative comes off.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The accounts have derogs reported by the creditor.

It is the derogs themselves that have credit report exclusion dates under FCRA 605(a).

Except possibly for reporting of a charge-off, exclusion does not apply to the account itself, only to the specific derogs that were reported under the account.

If the derogs occured p

What at the specific derogs that have been reported?

For monthly delinquencies, what is the month and year of the delinquency?

For any charge-off, what is the date of first delinquency (DOFD)?

Each CRA is montoring the relevant FCRA exlusion date of each derog, and is required to exclude no later than the required date under FCRA 605(a).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Under remarks on my Trans Union report they have about  7 accounts listed.  2 of them are Capital One and they both say about the same thing as what I copied into this post. The others do say Chapter 13 discharged or case complete.

Credit Card

Sep 17, 2008

Open - Payment Plan

$0
0% of Credit Limit*
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.