cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Capital One ever give me another chance??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Capital One ever give me another chance??

I have two charge offs with Capital One and Portfolio Recovery Associates has bought it and is trying to collect now. Will I stay on the black list long? Both charge offs happened around the same time. One for 1100 and one for 560. The 1100 was business and 560 personal.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Studio90x
Contributor

Re: Will Capital One ever give me another chance??

I had a CapOne charge off back in 2011 when I was 21 and had paid it full in 2013.  TL still reporting on my credit report.

I tried apping for a CapOne secured card and was denied.  Fixed all the issues they stated for denial, apped again last month - got denied again but had to call CS to find out I was denied as the email to access the letter of denial letter and there was no letter.  The automation line even says that my app is still under review.  Asked if they could send it by snail mail and I STILL have not received it two to three weeks later.  So I emailed their EO.  Received a call from them but missed it as she called in the evening while I was at work.

Will see if my paid charge off with them has them denying my app and if I'm forever blacklisted from CapOne.

EQ8 - 696 TU8 - 700 EX8 - 683
Message 2 of 6
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have two charge offs with Capital One and Portfolio Recovery Associates has bought it and is trying to collect now. Will I stay on the black list long? Both charge offs happened around the same time. One for 1100 and one for 560. The 1100 was business and 560 personal.

Thanks in advance.

HI!
I have a charge off with Capital One and PRA bougt them too!  However I am in the process of trying to get PRA off my report as they are reporting as a Factoring Company and that isn't correct!  Here's the link to the post I'm following to do it.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Portfolio-Recovery-DELETED/m-p/4103988#M428246

Anyway, yesterday I applied for a Capital One QuickSilver card and got it! $300 CL. My Credit Karma scores are TU 560, Equifax 556 not sure on Experian.  Good Luck!

Starting all over again!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Cap One will only black list you for one year from the time the CO occurred.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Cap One will only black list you for one year from the time the CO occurred.

Question about that. If my CapOne charge off happened in October of 2014, but I PIF in February of this year. Would they go by the October date or the February date?

Sorry OP...for asking this under your thread.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the exact statement on their disclosure that makes you "not eligible":

"I have had a Capital One credit card that has charged off within the past year."

They will go by when it was charged off, not when it was paid.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.