Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Chase Remove Derogatory Item from Report

tag
praise123
Contributor

Will Chase Remove Derogatory Item from Report

So, I had a Chase Auto Loan and I was late 2x 30 day.  But the car has been paid in full for 2 years.  Chase recently have me a credit card with $5,000 limit so what are the chances that they will remove the item from my report.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will Chase Remove Derogatory Item from Report

I know Chase is very willing to delete old CC TLs on request (I had one deleted myself last month), and is very unwilling to delete/amend mortgage TLs (there are plenty of stories on here about that), but I don't know about auto loans.  Send an e-mail to the president of JPMChase; the worst they can say is no.

Message 2 of 6
CC40
Regular Contributor

I just posted asking for an email address for Chase. Do you have one? I will take any email address. I am planning to send a GW letter to the Wilmington, DE address Via snail mail and copy it to someone on email at a diff address. ????
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you send it to their general address, it will most likely be considered by a general clerk based on their general policy.

Which more 'oft than not gets a general No.

Message 4 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@praise123 wrote:

So, I had a Chase Auto Loan and I was late 2x 30 day.  But the car has been paid in full for 2 years.  Chase recently have me a credit card with $5,000 limit so what are the chances that they will remove the item from my report.

If the only negatives on this account are two 30~day lates then I would lean towards just leaving it alone. It might hurt your FICO® score more to lose the account than to just leave it alone.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 6
marty56
Super Contributor

I would also leave it be.  If you want another auto loan in the future, it will also help your auto FICO score.  Also if you go for a mortage, it could help on a MR.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.