cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will GW work on Charged Off CC

tag
turtletello

Will GW work on Charged Off CC

Tried doing some searching around but couldn't find anything exact.

In my time since I've gotten to this site I've started with a secured card and went from the mid 500's to now around 670.  I make good $ and have fixed nearly everything from when I wrecked my credit in college.

I had 3 CC's from that time that were charged off to collections and I had resigned myself to just waiting to see if they dropped off which one has.

However, I am ready to purchase a house and need to clean up whatever is negative remaining on my report which is 3 collections: 1 medical and 2 which are the remaining 2 derogatory CC's on my report.

My questions is this: If I close these collections could I send a GW to the 2 original CC's to see if they can remove them from my current revolving accoutns.  All of my other accounts from 2012 on have never missed a payment and these two are hurting my payment history and they both show Charged Off/Purchased By Another Lender.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Starting Score: 542
Current Score: 639
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Will GW work on Charged Off CC

You can try, but I would suspect that they will not be inclined to good-will.

A charge-off is their determination that you were not going to pay the debt.

In layman's terms, they expected that you were going to stiff the entire debt.

They then sold it for pennies on the dollar to a speculative debt collector, who was willing to take the risk of attempting collection.

When you pay the debt collector, the OC does not get a penny of that $$.

Having taken a loss on dealing with you is not usually conducive to good-will.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.