cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will HIPAA work with paid, assigned CA's???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will HIPAA work with paid, assigned CA's???

I have had some medical collection debt. I paid them all off to the collection agency about two years ago.  These accounts were assigned to the collection agency, not sold to them.  I was able to GW two of the 6 accounts today by calling them, the others will not budge though.

Will the HIPAA  method work in this situation (still not clear on how to do this method, but will look into it if its an option for me).

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Will HIPAA work with paid, assigned CA's???

Sorry, I believe you would to have paid theOC in order for the HIPAA process to work.

I don't know enough about the HIPAA process, but if you would Google" HIPAA process"

I think you will find your answers.    Smiley Wink                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

ETA;  Also try the misspelled version "HIPPA process".                                                                                                                                                                             

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will HIPAA work with paid, assigned CA's???

After doing some more reading it seems the HIPAA process has nothing to due with who you pay or not.. but has to do with the privacy laws with health records etc.. so I think I can still go ahead with the process, waiting for confirmation though from others who really know the whole process well.  why chat over at creditboards.com seems to be the HIPAA god lol.. hoping to get some feedback from them.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.