cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approved for BOA secured card with 621 score? I applied last night and got this message

tag
mahiven
Regular Contributor

Re: Will I get approved for BOA secured card with 621 score? I applied last night and got this mess

I don't understand why anyone would ever be turned down for a secured card. You're spending your own money and all the bank is doing is reporting that you're doing OK with it. What is their risk? That you'll max out the $500 and they'll have to apply your deposit to it and.... lose nothing? Someone explain that to me.

If someone came up to me and said "If I give you $1, will you loan me two quarters?" What do I have to lose?

03/19/2011 EQ: 627 EX: 602 TU 590 (lender pull) 07/16/2011 EQ: 646 EX: 629 TU 647 Fell off the wagon in 2012. Starting over in 2013.Current Score: 01/07/2013 EQ: 646 EX: ??? TU 608 Goal Score: 700 club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will I get approved for BOA secured card with 621 score? I applied last night and got this mess

I totally agree with you.  I even gave them my account information with the $300 deposit.  All I wanted the card for was so that I would have two secured cards open and reporting.  If the collection accounts are paid, my score will go up and then I won't even need a secured card.

For trying to do the right thing, I get hit with a hard inquiry which lowers my score...go figure.

Message 12 of 14
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

just apply for cap 1 or go to the secure cc forums and posts sure theres something there to help u get on your way to raising the bar on your credit profile

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Message 13 of 14
Einjag

I know how you feel, its rather frustrating. I was just denied for a medium risk card, and the hard pull stated my score was 686 (higher than my recent reports), when the card requires lower. Reason stated was insufficient credit history. I have a CO Secured and WM Store card for over 8 months, yet you read where persons with worse scores get credit Smiley Mad

Starting Score: EQ 676(myFICO) TU 686(Lender Pull) EX 692
Current Score: EQ 676(myFICO) TU 686(Lender Pull) EX 692
Goal Score: ALL 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.