cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I make matters worse if I send a DV to the CA?

tag
sisyphuswins
Contributor

Will I make matters worse if I send a DV to the CA?

I've got one unpaid collection account on my report now, due to fall off 1/16.   Midland has it, for GE Money Bank (now Synchrony)/Lowe's, for $1232.   It's out of SOL and is only reporting on TransUnion.   I'm not sure why the others deleted, but I did dispute a few times in the past and now it's gone.   I wrote to GE Money Bank to see if they had records.  They sent copies of old bills.  They suggested I call Encore, to whom they had sold the charge off.   I was never contacted by Encore in the past.  I was contacted by a lawyers office, and offered to pay multiple times, but the payments I sent in were never credited to the account (although the checks were cashed), so I stopped paying--seemed like throwing money down a drain.  At some point it appears it got resold to Midland, but they've never sent me anything asking me to pay.  I wonder now if it's passed through so many hands that it's just in disarray.

So, do I just wait a year and a half for it to go away?  If I send a DV to Midland, is it likely they will just put it back on all three reports?   Help!

Starting Score (6/30/14): Credit Karma 619; Quizzle 656
Current Score (4/3/2015): TU 741; EQ 718; EX 671; FICO 8 Bankcard 730
Goal Score: 800 (aim high!!)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sisyphuswins
Contributor

Re: Will I make matters worse if I send a DV to the CA?

Any suggestions?

Message 2 of 6
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

Were they reporting to the other 2 CRA's? After you disputed them before, is this when they fell off the other CRA's?

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
sisyphuswins
Contributor

@pisspoorcredit wrote:
Were they reporting to the other 2 CRA's? After you disputed them before, is this when they fell off the other CRA's?

I believe they came off before as the result of a dispute---it was two years ago when I started working on this.  I didn't know about DV and all that at the time, so I would have simply disputed with the CRAs.   

Message 4 of 6
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

Waiting on someone else to comment, but I believe that you can dispute this directly with the CRA reporting it. Show proof that the other 2 CRA's removed from not being able to validate the debt and they should remove from your TU as well.

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
sisyphuswins
Contributor

@pisspoorcredit wrote:
Waiting on someone else to comment, but I believe that you can dispute this directly with the CRA reporting it. Show proof that the other 2 CRA's removed from not being able to validate the debt and they should remove from your TU as well.

I just talked to a consumer protection attorney yesterday about this and a few other issues, and he said basicall the same thing, so I  wanted to let you know that you're right Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.