Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I see a score bump?

tag
Erinkkelly
Valued Member

Will I see a score bump?

I've been working really hard the past 2 years to clean up my credit report. I have plenty of newer good accounts that I pay on time and are in the process of growing And aging...I won't ever be late or have another account go bad! Lesson learned! I do have 2 credit cards that need to be paid down, which im working on now.

In the next 6 months all the bad old items are schuduled to fall off my report...at the end of summer I'll have 2 small collections left. Any idea what score bump I can expect to receive when these old items fall off? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will I see a score bump?

Without knowing the age of all the accounts you are talking about it would be impossible to estimate. In general the scenario that you have described will result in a score increase, the greatest increase would be in paying down high utilized cards.

Message 2 of 4
baller4life
Super Contributor

You should definitely see a bump when your baddies fall off. Hard to guess how much though.
Message 3 of 4
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
You should definitely see a bump when your baddies fall off. Hard to guess how much though.

I agree also , it's no way to know how much ! 

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.