cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a Shell card build my reputation with Citibank?

tag
CBrent
New Contributor

Will a Shell card build my reputation with Citibank?

Does the responsible use of my Shell Drife for Five card, which is issued by Citibank, improve my chances for qualifying for a Citibank credit card in the future?  Any responsible credit history improves my chances, I know; but I'm wondering if this card in particiular, since it's issued by Citibank, will particularly improve how I'm viewed by Citibank when I apply for credit in the future. I have no history otherwise with Citibank. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will a Shell card build my reputation with Citibank?

@CBrent wrote:

Does the responsible use of my Shell Drife for Five card, which is issued by Citibank, improve my chances for qualifying for a Citibank credit card in the future?  Any responsible credit history improves my chances, I know; but I'm wondering if this card in particiular, since it's issued by Citibank, will particularly improve how I'm viewed by Citibank when I apply for credit in the future. I have no history otherwise with Citibank. 

The store cards like the Shell card are issued by CitiGroups Citi Financial arm not the bank itself, if you have no derog history with the bank then yes it will help you out as will your other cards. Now myself I am still on the Citibank BL for IIB them in 1996 but I have no problem getting cards that are issued by the financial arm since I never IIIB them.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.