Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a rapid rescore work?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will a rapid rescore work?

I've also recently gotten a letter from a collection agency. They said that I had an unpaid parking ticket. I paid the ticket to the DC DMV. DMV website says, "we have requested the collection agency to automatically send a delete record to the credit bureaus whenever a collections account has been paid in full. Therefore a record of your delinquent ticket debt should disappear from credit bureau records once the payment is received."

I checked by credit report and it was noted as paid and closed and this has decreased my credit score and now am too low according to my mortgage broker. I asked the collection agency why wasn't it deleted according to DMV? They said they submitted delete notice last week to EX and TU and need to wait 30 days for it to be removed. The collection agency would not give me a letter at all and only say to wait 30 days. ...I hope they were telling me the truth. Collection agency suggested a rapid rescore? And mortgage broker said they would look into it but didn't know if it would work. Would a rapid rescore work in this instance?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will a rapid rescore work?

It could work I believe. I also was in the middle of a mortgage when I had to take care of a CO on DW's CR. The lender told me to pay it and offered to do a rapid rescore to get it removed. THey never did follow up with that and said it didn't impact the mortgage process any since it was only on one CR. I had let it go.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will a rapid rescore work?

I hope so! My lender just told me they could do a rapid rescore now and that it would take 2 hrs to 72 hrs. Crossing my fingers that the collection agency actually did what they said they did (shocker) and sent notice to delete to the credit bureaus.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.