Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will anyone approve me?

tag
needbettercredit88
Valued Member

Will anyone approve me?

I have equifax complete advantage. I understand that these are all FAKO scores but its an estimate of my FICO scores it says. I honestly dont know how true that is. My scores are TU: 560 EX: 621 and EQ: 615. I was going to apply for a credit one cc but I have a charge off with them and am pretty sure they wont approve. Who else can I try? Has anyone with these scores been approved for a cc recently? Thank you

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Will anyone approve me?

@needbettercredit88 wrote:

I have equifax complete advantage. I understand that these are all FAKO scores but its an estimate of my FICO scores it says. I honestly dont know how true that is. My scores are TU: 560 EX: 621 and EQ: 615. I was going to apply for a credit one cc but I have a charge off with them and am pretty sure they wont approve. Who else can I try? Has anyone with these scores been approved for a cc recently? Thank you

Sadly, your name says it all.  You need better credit.  With scores that low, the devil is in the details.  If you have unpaid collections, charge-offs, recent lates, etc. then no one is goiong to lend you money.  Essentially, your credit report says you never pay it back.  Who would take that risk?

In order to borrow money, you have to demonstrate a history of actually paying back.  There are several key first steps, one of which is getting a secured credit card and/or authorized user account so you can demonstrate some good history.  Another is to begin removing negative items, through the DV/PFD process, or Goodwill letters for the lates.

Basically, that means pay back what you owe, and get your report clean.  Do that, with a good secured history, and you will qualify for sub-prime rebuilder cards.  Soon after, you will qualify for prime cards and high limits.  

A lot of us here, myself included, have been in your shoes, and many of us kept a log of what we did and how we fixed things.  If you look at the credit scoring  and rebuilding threads, you will learn everything you need to know to succeed.  Just a few years ago I barely qualified for a 300 dollar Orchard card - now I have over 30 grand in available credit.  It can be done.

Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You will need to start with a secured card.  Do you belong to a CU?  Maybe try Cap1 or BOA.  What's on your CR that's dragging your score down?  Maybe there's some things that you can clean up to improve your scores.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
diabla
Regular Contributor

Are those your FAKO scores?  I agree with p- but also want to tell you to buy your real FICO scores, if for nothing else than a motivational boost!  I had been working off of FAKO and seeing little bumps and jumps, which was good for monitoring my journey of rebuilding.  But when I actually purchased my real FICO scores, they were at least 40 points higher than the FAKO and it relaly felt good to see those numbers.  It encouraged me to keep going and renewed my faith in the fight!  It's like being on a diet and using a broken scale, then you finally get on a new scale and see you've done better than you thought.

So I would invest in the FICO just once and then go back to watching FAKO while you work on your credit.

And get a secured card for starters.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.