cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will being an authorized user boost my credit score enough for unsecured cc?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will being an authorized user boost my credit score enough for unsecured cc?

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd go for CapOne a buddy of mine was just approved with a 450 score

I'll probably go with the cap one secured until my scores are decent enough for an unsecured card. I'm also an authorized user on a cap one card.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will being an authorized user boost my credit score enough for unsecured cc?

Barclay's likes to see about 18 months of good payment history before they'll approve.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good to know. Definitely a card I would like to have next year or so. 

I'm mainly working on getting good credit so I can have a good rewards credit card for traveling. I was working out the pros and cons and it definitely will pay to use credit instead of cash and earn miles on purchases. 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One secured is where I started. Best of luck on your journey. You have a great attitude. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.