Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will it always feel like two steps forward three back? Aka Kohl's Decrease

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will it always feel like two steps forward three back? Aka Kohl's Decrease

I'm too lazy to go back and look at the exact timeline, but about a month ago, I got my Kohls card reopened after having it closed in 2004 ish. Cl was $500. When I called the next day to verify she said I could get $1k instead. I got the card and it said 1k. I figured, great, 10% or less util means I can use $100 or so and pay off slowly over a few months to show responsible util. I'm hoping several months of positve history will get rid of the mistake I made with them when I was having trouble.

I used it once online and once in the store, current balance $125 and I was fine with that since I'm not going for the mortgage until the spring and will have it paid off well before. I logged in today just to make sure I hadn't missed the statement and found that my cl is now $700.

I pull TC daily and unless something happened after noon PST today, there is nothing negative on my report, unless you count this and 1 or 2 other inquries, that wasn't there when I got the card. It's not like I went out and maxed it out, nor did I max any of my other cards out. Granted, they haven't reported, but I have one almost paid off and one paid half off.

I called Kohls and they said they based this on info from the credit bureaus and I'll get a letter soon explaining what hapened. Granted, both the rep and the sup I talked to were very nice and it could be worse, I just have to make sure to keep balance under $70 in the future, but I'm irritated. I've seen other posts about cl's being slashed etc and I don't need this, so I shouldn't be upset. I just hope nothing else like this happens as I continue to pay off the cards.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.