Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will like One More CC Advice Needed

tag
DreaIYIs
Established Member

Will like One More CC Advice Needed

Been rebuilding since the begining of this year and like to add one more cc.

Credit profile- fico scores are currently eq-628 tu-595 ex-628, aaoa 2.8 years, 1 baddie-midland cant get rid of,inqs in the past year eq-0 tu-0 ex-2,ulit-5%

Currently have a cap 1 platinum unsecured cc cl $500 and  a 1st progress secured cc cl$400 about 2 months old.my capital one cc lates are killing me about 7 in 2012

I want to app for the baclay rewards card but my tu score is my lowest score but should get a boost on all 3 three cb's  waiting for my cap 1 card to report for july hasnt yet for some odd reason. The reason i want to app for this cc i really feel that it can grow with me i know it will lower my score and aaoa but im willing to take that because i dont plan on apping for anything intill after 2014 will give me two years of on time payments and currently sitting at 7 months on time payments. The reason why i wanna app for a 3 decent card is so it grow with me and get cli's so went i do go to app for my prime cards they want give me super low cl. I really dont see any other cards credit one and first premier is not gonna grow with me.Plan on apping for the barclays rewards mc the end of septemeber or any advice

Starting Score: 528
Current Score: Fico Scores EQ-628 EX-628 TU-595
Goal Score: 760+

CAP 1 Plat $500 CL FIRST PROGRESS $400 CL
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will like One More CC Advice Needed

If I had that I would nix the Barclays app. I'd use this time to focus on repair, let AAoA hit 3, and then app. Your odds will increase of being approved and when approved you'll more apt to see a higher CL.

Message 2 of 4
DreaIYIs
Established Member

Never knew your aaoa can determine your cl i thought it was base on your payment history and a couple of other things never thought aaoa will be a factor

Starting Score: 528
Current Score: Fico Scores EQ-628 EX-628 TU-595
Goal Score: 760+

CAP 1 Plat $500 CL FIRST PROGRESS $400 CL
Message 3 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@DreaIYIs wrote:

Never knew your aaoa can determine your cl i thought it was base on your payment history and a couple of other things never thought aaoa will be a factor

There are many factors that go into an approval and the limits you get.

AAoA

INQ's recent and over a 2 year period

Scores

Baddies

History (payments)

Other card limits

Thin or thick files

IMO you should garden for another 6 months while aging INQ's, AAoA, increasing scores.

You stand a much higher chance of approval and larger limits 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.