Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will paying off loan still report lates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will paying off loan still report lates

Hello all. I haven't seen very many people have luck removing lates from old sallie mae( Navient) loans and unfortunately I'm one of them. I have a six year old with 6 four year old lates that they just aren't budging. If I can just get those removed I hope it'll bring me to the next level. I'm sitting about 700 across the boards. No other baddies just short history and car loans still pretty high.. thx for the info
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will paying off loan still report lates

Lol I have a few month old late from sallie Mae for 60 days. Idk when it starts but it stays on your report for 7 years. If there 6 years old you can just wait for another year instead of calling them and sending letters which get denied lol. On the other hand mine is only 3 months old.
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Federally insured or guaranteed student loans are not subject to the normal 7 year exclusion provisions set under the FCRA.

The Higher Education Act included provisions that superceded the FCRA, and permit delinquencies to remain until the debt is repaid.

Once you have repaid the loan, then the delinquencies become subject to the normal 7 year from date of occurence exclusion provision of the FCRA.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no, that is terrible news for me.. i have multiple loans with lots of lates from 2011-2013. Was really hoping those lates would fall off in 2020.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

have you tried to disbute the collections? work_n_progress2?

I have all the letters you need to disbute for all collection agencys.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.