cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will paying old credit card judgment lien off cause it to reappear on my credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will paying old credit card judgment lien off cause it to reappear on my credit report?

I have an old judgment lien from a credit card that was filed and I need to have it paid in order to sell my house.  I have gotten them to agree to a lesser amount, BUT am afraid that if I make a payment, it will cause the credit card account to have recent activity; and, therefore, show back up on my credit report.  The judgment lien also DOES NOT show up on my report.  Will satisfying it/having it vacated make it appear???

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will paying old credit card judgment lien off cause it to reappear on my credit report?

No, it should not.

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will paying old credit card judgment lien off cause it to reappear on my credit report?

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

If its already run its full course of time and aged off then no it will not reappear by paying it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.