Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will someone read over my letter before I mail it. RE.Paying a CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will someone read over my letter before I mail it. RE.Paying a CA

This is not reporting on my CR and I do not want it to or even to take a chance that it will.  This is from a very old heating bill.  Probably over 6-7 years old. I want to pay it because I cannot be sure that it is past the SOL.  The CA has sent a letter for a settlement offer.  I am going to send them this letter before I send them any money  I also received a letter from a CA for my old CAP 1 account that I am going to send this letter along also. 

CA
Addy

Account #

To Whom

I am willing to pay the total amount owed on this if you will agree to not report his to any of the credit reporting agencies.  If you will agree to this I will send full payment of this 154.18, certified funds, to your office within 10 business days of receiving a letter on your letterhead that this company will not report this account either as paid or unpaid to the reporting agencies. 

Should I send this or just go ahead and send the 154.18?

Message Edited by smooshiesmom on 05-12-2008 08:42 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will someone read over my letter before I mail it. RE.Paying a CA

smooshiesmom wrote:
This is not reporting on my CR and I do not want it to or even to take a chance that it will.  This is from a very old heating bill.  Probably over 6-7 years old. I want to pay it because I cannot be sure that it is past the SOL.  The CA has sent a letter for a settlement offer.  I am going to send them this letter before I send them any money  I also received a letter from a CA for my old CAP 1 account that I am going to send this letter along also. 

CA
Addy

Account #

To Whom

This letter is being sent to you in response of a notice I received from your offices on XXXXXX. The validity of this debt is disputed. The account number for this alleged debt is XXXXXX.

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay the total amount alleged owed on this if you will agree that this account will not be reported to not report his to any of the credit reporting agencies, specifically TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax.  If you will agree to this, I will send full payment of $154.18, in the form of certified funds, to your office within 10 business days of receiving a letter on your letterhead, signed by an authorized representative of (Collection Agency) explicitly agreeing to these terms.that this company will not report this account either as paid or unpaid to the reporting agencies. 

Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 days from your receipt of this settlement offer or this offer will be withdrawn and I will request full validation of this alleged debt, as provided for by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Should I send this or just go ahead and send the 154.18?

Message Edited by smooshiesmom on 05-12-2008 08:42 AM

This is how I would word it. But this is just my opinion.

One question, when did you receive the letter?

Message Edited by sidewinder on 05-12-2008 11:00 AM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.