cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the other CRA's update to match dispute results?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will the other CRA's update to match dispute results?

Hi!

First time posting here! I've been working on rebuilding my credit, trying to buy a house before our baby is born. I am down to the last 2 things that need to be done to get my score to qualify. I need some advice on how to get these done.

As a backstory, I started out with a 480 in January, and am at 618 currently! I'm posting these questions simply because I am hitting a brick wall and can't find the answers anywhere else!

1. I disputed a Discover account with a lot of late payments on it with all 3 CRAs. All 3 came back differently - TU reporting paid as agreed with no late payments, EQ reporting 1 30 day late, and EX reporting all of the original late payments. Is there any way to get the other 2 CRA's to update with TU's dispute results, and not have to go through the whole dispute process again? I don't have time to sit for another 30 days to see if they update again (baby due in July!), and I'm afraid that they will update with all the original late payments again if I try to do a normal dispute again.

2. I ran the simulator, and it said the best thing to do would be to get a credit card (I only have open AU accounts under my revolving credit right now), so I applied for a Capital One and was approved! CL 3,000. They said the earliest they would report is June 20, but sent me the account information that "would have been reported" and hinted that I could contact the CRA's to get the new account added? Does anyone have any experience doing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! It's almost painful to be so close but not quite there!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will the other CRA's update to match dispute results?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi!

First time posting here! I've been working on rebuilding my credit, trying to buy a house before our baby is born. I am down to the last 2 things that need to be done to get my score to qualify. I need some advice on how to get these done.

As a backstory, I started out with a 480 in January, and am at 618 currently! I'm posting these questions simply because I am hitting a brick wall and can't find the answers anywhere else!

1. I disputed a Discover account with a lot of late payments on it with all 3 CRAs. All 3 came back differently - TU reporting paid as agreed with no late payments, EQ reporting 1 30 day late, and EX reporting all of the original late payments. Is there any way to get the other 2 CRA's to update with TU's dispute results, and not have to go through the whole dispute process again? I don't have time to sit for another 30 days to see if they update again (baby due in July!), and I'm afraid that they will update with all the original late payments again if I try to do a normal dispute again.

2. I ran the simulator, and it said the best thing to do would be to get a credit card (I only have open AU accounts under my revolving credit right now), so I applied for a Capital One and was approved! CL 3,000. They said the earliest they would report is June 20, but sent me the account information that "would have been reported" and hinted that I could contact the CRA's to get the new account added? Does anyone have any experience doing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! It's almost painful to be so close but not quite there!

No, do not try to rush things. Be patient. This is a LONG game and you are in the first minutes of the first quarter.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You only mention 1 score, what are the other 2? And what version is the score? Credit bureaus do not have to update to match another bureau. What was the radon for the dispute? And as far as I know, there is no way to get the new account added to your reports, that will happen when Cap1 reports the account.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Normally, I would be more patient, but with the baby due in July, we are trying to beat that deadline. Thanks!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You only mention 1 score, what are the other 2? And what version is the score? Credit bureaus do not have to update to match another bureau. What was the radon for the dispute? And as far as I know, there is no way to get the new account added to your reports, that will happen when Cap1 reports the account.

The score I quoted is my highest score on MyFICO - FICO8 scores. The others are in the same ballpark. I know that the CRA's aren't "obligated" to update, just was wondering if there was a way anyone knew to ask that had been successful!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont see what there would be to request from the CRAs. The CRAs will add the account to your report as soon as it is reported to them by cap1. I would think that if you really want to have it reported earlier then Cap1 is who you should be talking to about it.

Message 6 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The "dispute results" can, and often are, inconsistent between the CRAs.

A creditor can, upon receiving a dispute, choose to verify with one CRA and delete from the others.

In effect, the one CRA will then issue a Notice of Results verifying the accuracy as their formal conclusion of the dispute.

However, if the creditor has deleted with the other two CRAs, that is NOT a finding by those two CRAs that the reporting is inaccurate or non-verifiable.

Those two CRAs do not issue a formal Notice of Results, as the deletion has made the dispute moot.

If a creditor, upon review of a dispute, agrees that the reporting is inaccurate, they are required to report that finding to all CRAs to which they have also reported the information.  It is not enough to simply correct or delete with the CRA handling the dispute.

Howver, if the delete without making the explicit determination that it is inaccurate,they can selectivley delete with whichever CRA they choose.

In your prior disputes with each CRA, what specifically was the finding in ther formal Notice of Results of Reinvestigation?

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

The "dispute results" can, and often are, inconsistent between the CRAs.

A creditor can, upon receiving a dispute, choose to verify with one CRA and delete from the others.

In effect, the one CRA will then issue a Notice of Results verifying the accuracy as their formal conclusion of the dispute.

However, if the creditor has deleted with the other two CRAs, that is NOT a finding by those two CRAs that the reporting is inaccurate or non-verifiable.

Those two CRAs do not issue a formal Notice of Results, as the deletion has made the dispute moot.

If a creditor, upon review of a dispute, agrees that the reporting is inaccurate, they are required to report that finding to all CRAs to which they have also reported the information.  It is not enough to simply correct or delete with the CRA handling the dispute.

Howver, if the delete without making the explicit determination that it is inaccurate,they can selectivley delete with whichever CRA they choose.

In your prior disputes with each CRA, what specifically was the finding in ther formal Notice of Results of Reinvestigation?

The 3 CRA's updated as follows:

TU - 06/2014 OK, 05/2014 OK, no other months reporting

EQ - 07/2014 1 (30 Days Late), no other months reporting

EX - a series of late payments, including the info from above.

Message 8 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Then subjective deletions appear to have been made by the creditor as opposed to having been imposed by the CRA in the Notice of Results....

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with Norman. This is a long game. I started around the same as OP last year and I am just hitting the 6's. I rest and relax. Give the CB a break and start again. It is truly a process but don't get discouraged or lose focus. Good luck.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.