Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this effect My Fico score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will this effect My Fico score?

I recently disputed acct's on my wife's CR with the 3 CRA's. It has been completed but one of the acct's is still showing that it is being "disputed by consumer" in the comments/status line on her CR.

My Question is: Will this effect My Fico score in a way that will make it inaccurate?

-Mike

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Will this effect My Fico score?

The statement alone should have no affect on your score at all.  Depending on the type of account, they are sometimes removed from equations until the dispute is resolved.

If you were trying to buy a house, the dispute could pose a problem with the lender.

Message 2 of 3
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will this effect My Fico score?

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently disputed acct's on my wife's CR with the 3 CRA's. It has been completed but one of the acct's is still showing that it is being "disputed by consumer" in the comments/status line on her CR.

My Question is: Will this effect My Fico score in a way that will make it inaccurate?

-Mike

When an account is in dispute, certain aspects are excluded from scoring - generally speaking, anything that relates to the "money" aspects, such as payment history, balance, and credit limit, are not factored into the score.  However, the open date and age of account are still factored into the FICO.

Just to be clear about one thing - you did have permission from your wife to dispute these account, right?  She really should be the one to initiate any action related to her own personal credit history.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.