Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this new collection kill my loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will this new collection kill my loan?

This is my first post here but I have been following for a while and used alot of advice to clean up my credit. The short verse of a long story is my husband and I are trying to buy our first home, we had to clean up my credit which had a bunch of old medical collections. I have been slowly disputing and seeing results. All of a sudden this week two new collections showed up, one for 200 and one for 72 both from the same doctor. I though they were part of the payment plan I was on with the hospital following surgery last year, appaerntly they weren't. I have talked to both the colecction company and original doctor neither will do a pay for delete. I have no problem paying them. My question is will this screw us out of a loan for at least 12 months since they now show a current collection (even if paid). We were trying for a USDA. thanks for any advice I am sick over this. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will this new collection kill my loan?

I've heard that medical collections are the least severe when it comes to getting a mortgage. The officer may make you pay it off but otherwise you may be OK.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.