Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this work for removing TL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will this work for removing TL?

I have two First Premier Bank cards that have been charged off.  Can I write a letter to them asking for a Pay for Delete, include a check with the letter.  On the check, write on the memo, if cashed, all terms must be met that is requested in the Pay for Delete Lettter?  I will put the check number on my letter and also photo copy everything for my records.  If First Premier cashes this check, wouldn't this be an acceptance of the Pay for Delete?  Or could this just update my DOLA?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Will this work for removing TL?

You would have to look up the statute in your state for restrictive endorsements. 

And read the contract you signed with FP.

Message 2 of 5
sooner63
Established Member

I read once that you should write on the back of the check in the Endorse Here area: by endorsing this check you are agreeing to....

I don't know if it works as I've never tried.

Message 3 of 5
nyqutie
New Contributor

Have you tried contacting them first about a pay to delete.  I think it is worth a try to contact them first before sending a check.  I was able to successfully get a charge-off account removed (it wasn't my account) but I think if you are willing to pay the account in full they would consider removing it.

If you want I can send you my contact information that I used for FP.

Starting Score: TU 450 EQ 491 (06 2010) Current Score: TU 746 EQ 747 EX 629 (Public Record "not" Mine can't get this darn thing OFF) (06 2013) Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800 EX 700
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will you please send me contact?  Thanks....Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.