DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Williams Rush and Associates-- don't be a victim--CRIMINALS

Contact a local consumer attorney.

Message 11 of 22
907grown
Established Contributor

UPDATE: I've hired a consumer attorney who tells me we definitely have a good case here. Without disclosing too much, I have done more research on these clowns. They have been sued a multitude of times, the owner used to work for a collection agency that has been sued for the same practices a multitude of times as well. I also found out that they are not registered nor do they have a registered agent in my state in order to collect debts in this state. On the one hand I hope this guy is not victimizing too many people, but on the other I hope he's worth enough to get my judgement out of!! This is NOT about money for me though, this is the principal that 1) you can't do this to people, and 2) I told him of he. Contacted me again, I'd sue him. I am not going to be punked by this guy so I need to put his money where my mouth is!
Also, I looked at my EXP report today because that is the only report this supposed debt appears on, I found that they have pulled my credit (hard pulls) 2 times in March and one on the 6th of August. For what reason can they do that?
I'm laughing thinking the March pulls must have been a double take when he pulled it and saw all my collections were PIF except his!!! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 12 of 22
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@nyankovic wrote:
UPDATE: I've hired a consumer attorney who tells me we definitely have a good case here. Without disclosing too much, I have done more research on these clowns. They have been sued a multitude of times, the owner used to work for a collection agency that has been sued for the same practices a multitude of times as well. I also found out that they are not registered nor do they have a registered agent in my state in order to collect debts in this state. On the one hand I hope this guy is not victimizing too many people, but on the other I hope he's worth enough to get my judgement out of!! This is NOT about money for me though, this is the principal that 1) you can't do this to people, and 2) I told him of he. Contacted me again, I'd sue him. I am not going to be punked by this guy so I need to put his money where my mouth is!
Also, I looked at my EXP report today because that is the only report this supposed debt appears on, I found that they have pulled my credit (hard pulls) 2 times in March and one on the 6th of August. For what reason can they do that?
I'm laughing thinking the March pulls must have been a double take when he pulled it and saw all my collections were PIF except his!!! Smiley Happy
Keep us updated! I would love to hear how these jokers react! 

Message 13 of 22
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@nyankovic wrote:

The have PP to pull your credit reports.  Too many times in a short amount of time and it can be considered harassment on their part.

Message 14 of 22
907grown
Established Contributor

UPDATE: Suit will be filed Monday!!!

BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 15 of 22
mnlawful

Hi.  I googled "Williams Rush and Associates" after I got a harassing phone call this morning, and it brought me to this forum.  They claim that I had a student loan debt from 2007, which I do not.  I asked what SS# was used with this debt, and they said the last 4, and it was not mine!  It is a case of mistaken identity, and if they continue to contact me, I'm going to send them a certified letter regarding the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.  I guess I'll have to wait and see if they call me again or send anything in the mail.  It got me quite upset when they called, and they were jerks on the phone and said it was definitely me who took out this loan and they wanted to set up wage garnishment at this time.  They need to do their research better and not be such sloppy debt collectors. 

Message 16 of 22
907grown
Established Contributor

DON'T DEAL WITH THEM!! They use this as a scare tactic, even if it was your debt, it's SOL HAS RUN OUT! They can't garnish you or anyone else's ..........

Message 17 of 22
907grown
Established Contributor

Also, I've had to freeze my credit reports because these clowns have looked at my report (hard pulls) 3 times in 5 months

Message 18 of 22
shhhhhhhhhh
New Visitor

First send them a cease and desisit letter. Return reciept  demanding 1. validation of the debt 2. All communications be on writing. Record EVERY call with them, 3. Know they have NO intention of taking you to court and by saying it the are vilating the fdcpa.

Message 19 of 22
shhhhhhhhhh
New Visitor

Many FDCPA violations

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.