Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Williams Rush and Associates-- don't be a victim--CRIMINALS

tag
907grown
Established Contributor

Williams Rush and Associates-- don't be a victim--CRIMINALS

I put the name in the forum and nothing populated so I wanted to start this discussion. They are junk debt collectors who ended up buying a very old collection that they claim I owe. They contacted me for the first time in 2011, this was after they had called both a friend of mine as well as my boss trying to "reach" me. What they told myself as well as my friend and boss was that I had an outstanding collection and not paying it would lead to them having my professional license revoked.
When Collector guy contacted me and told me this, he also stated that being an attorney, he understands how important it is to have a professional license and so I needed to pay immediately to avoid garnishment and revocation. I told him I could not pay the full amt and he told me they would be willing to settle for 3000.00. I told him that would be hard for me to do as well. He told me call friends, family, a loan officer whatever it took and that he would call me back in 2 hours to get the payment.
Go ahead, pick your jaw back up because it gets better.....

The 2 hours he gave me was plenty of time to pull myself together and the first call I made was not to a lender but to the board that issued my license. I was so fortunate to be put in contact with the attorney for this board who assured me that under no circumstances cold my license be revoked for this. I also took straight to google to look up who this attorney was, turns out, he's not an attorney at all, just a scummy junk debt collector with an F rating with the BBB and multiple complaints to various state organizations for illegal debt practices.

He called back exactly 2 hours later to get the payment. I offered to make payment arrangements as i had been advised by my licensing board, he said absolutely not, I then revealed to him that not only was I not going to pay him a dime, but that I knew he was not an attorney, the SOL had run out to sue me, my issuing board told me he could take no action on my license, oh yeah, and in the state that I live in, it is legal to tape a phone call without the other party knowing, and I had him on tape making false statements, threats, and misrepresenting himself as an attorney. I stated all of those things violate my rights and are completely ILLEGAL! I also told him that if he contacted me again, i would sue him and bring all my evidence to court.He got so mad and hung up on me. I did not hear from them again....until today.
One of his goons called with the same story today about garnishing my wages. I told her that I had told them almost two years ago not to contact me, I also told her that I still had the tape recording of Collector guy as well as all my notes from that day.

She put me on hold. Who picked up the phone, oh yeah, it was Collector guy. He knew exactly who I was, I told him I wanted a DV letter sent to me and he told me they don't send those just because a person asks, he also told me that since they purchased the debt, they don't have to quit calling me as they are not a third party but an owner. I reminded him that I was not going to deal with him and if he sent me a DV, I would contact the OC to validate the debt with them. I told him no matter what, he was not getting money from me. I reminded him that the SOL was long run out, this is due to fall off my CR in March 2014. He told me that it is a student loan and that it will never fall off my report. Then said have a nice day and hung up on me. He probably thought I was recording that call too! The only loan I ever got was from college network, definitely not a federal loan, maybe a private loan though, is that a student loan, a loan for books?

Now that I am in the credit cleansing phase of my life, I would be willing to work with the original creditor to pay the supposed debt, I need DV first, is there anything a CA can do to make a debt linger on my CR longer. Keep in mind, we are talking about bottom feeders here, and if they do, at what point do I sue them?

Edited to remove name.  (Probably not his real name anyways)  and spaced for easier reading

Shogun

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Williams Rush and Associates-- don't be a victim--CRIMINALS

Looks like you've hooked yourself a "bottomfeeder".  Smiley Happy

Kudos for the research!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 22
907grown
Established Contributor

Do you see my position being at any kind of a risk?

BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 3 of 22
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@nyankovic wrote:
Do you see my position being at any kind of a risk?

Nope... I see some FDCPA violations though.  And perhaps some small claims court claims for $1000 each in your future.   Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 22
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

You Rocked It! 

Message 5 of 22
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I'd Sue!  You have the evidence, now use it to your advantage!

Message 6 of 22
907grown
Established Contributor

Thank you everyone! These forums having given me the courage to take back my financial life one step at a time! Collection by collection, and paying my bills on time, I am getting there! This collection is the last unpaid on my report, and I AM going to sue them. They cannot do this to people!

Message 7 of 22
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Just because they bought the debt does not make them the OC.  They still fall under the FDCPA as a debt collector and must adhere to all the rules of being one.  Same goes for an attorney that collects debt for a living.  They are nothing more than a debt collector.

Message 8 of 22
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I would sue and when you go to court and the judge reveals to him how much he has to pay you watch him squeal like a pig. Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 22
907grown
Established Contributor

Went to pick up small claims paperwork, apparently I can't sue in small claims here because I live in a different state then this collection agency. I am calling Texas tomorrow to ask how to sue through them, any insight on suing from a different state? I am stumped but not deterred, I will sue him on Judge Judy if I have to! I am on this!!! I think I need to contact an attorney as well, not sure if I should sue for 1000.00 per incident plus 1000.00 or what. Small claims max in my state is 10,000.00. I don't want to ask for something crazy, but my pain and suffering is worth something!!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.