Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Williams and Fudge Collection Account deleted

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Williams and Fudge Collection Account deleted

Something weird has happened with a Williams and Fudge collection account on my credit report.  Just a few days ago they deleted their account from my credit report for no reason.  What's weird is that a few days prior to that I applied and was pre-approved for a mortgage. 

Is there anyway that they are trying to pull some sort of move to ruin my home buying chances?  Why would they delete the account for no reason?  I'm really suspicious of this and am wondering what their motive is, would it be wise to call them up and offer to pay it off if they leave it off my report?

Just looking for advice here... don't want to make the wrong move. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Williams and Fudge Collection Account deleted

I should add that the account is only a year and a few months old so it hasn't aged off yet.

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Its more probable that they deleted the collection as they no longer have authority to collect on behalf of the debts owner. I would be calling the OC to settle before they send it off to another CA.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Something weird has happened with a Williams and Fudge collection account on my credit report.  Just a few days ago they deleted their account from my credit report for no reason.  What's weird is that a few days prior to that I applied and was pre-approved for a mortgage. 

Is there anyway that they are trying to pull some sort of move to ruin my home buying chances?  Why would they delete the account for no reason?  I'm really suspicious of this and am wondering what their motive is, would it be wise to call them up and offer to pay it off if they leave it off my report?

Just looking for advice here... don't want to make the wrong move. 

As gdale said - call the OC and see if it has moved to a new collector.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just took your advice and called.  

The OC only authorized the collection agency to collect the debt for a certain amount of time and then it went back to the OC.  Called them up and paid it off today.  I got lucky on this one, my credit score jumped 35 points after this was removed from my report!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.