Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wit's end with equifax

tag
girlonmission
Valued Member

Wit's end with equifax

Hi Guys happy new year

It's being a while since I have been here.

I had an account with First Franklin financial that was paid in full in April 2012. They had reported the account being late for April and may when I had paid the account in full in April 2012. I had disputed that and sent bank statements to that effect to eqifax but the dispute kept coming back as verifled.

I am gearing up for a mortgage in a few months and I pulled a copy for my report to get my mortgage scores and lo and behold I found equifax put a 30 days late on first franklin financial account for Sept 2016 instead of correcting the mistake. So how can an acount that is paid in full and closed in 2012 has a separate 2016 late.

I am at wit's end with equifax. I have collection shield working on a collection filed by Professional Credit Services for an account that belongs to my mom for a cellphone that she paid Singular. I called the creditor they don't have a recordifferent for me but equifax filed the collection on mine and my mom's report.

I don't know what else to do. Any help or suggestions??

Thanks Guys

AIMEE
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wit's end with equifax

You have 2 ways to go here, a direct dispute with the creditor or a CFPB complaint. I would try the DD first and send the reporting creditor a copy of HOW its reporting along with the dispute, you could also try to get a GW deletion of the 30 day late while they are at it.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wit's end with equifax

i've had really good success with CFPB and BBB complaints at the same time

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.