Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wits End with Midland Credit Management

tag
SuperShad
Established Member

Wits End with Midland Credit Management

Anybody have any success with getting Midland off their report???  I've worked in credit repair and debt settlement and am pretty savvy with dealing with collection agencies. I've gotten every single baddie (over a dozen) off my report except for this one.  I've tried everything. Dispute, CPFB complaint, talking to executive resolutions even offering to pay in full $800+.  Even the original creditor (First Bank of Delaware) deleted their entry but Midland won't budge.  It's scheduled to come off in Sept '15.  I'd like it off sooner if possible.  But I will not give them one PENNY towards a "paid in full" update.  Any suggestions.

PS.... sent  a certified validation(not verification) letter a few weeks ago with no response.

Walmart FICO 643 Gardening as of 3/15/14!
March 2014 CreditXpert Ex 656, Eq 662, Tu 636 ~ August 2013 CreditXpert Ex 463, Eq 464, Tu 457
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SoshiHomie84
New Contributor

Re: Wits End with Midland Credit Management

Good luck to you. I am in the same boat. I've gotten everything removed except Midland.. and they just started reporting  in January so it's showing as a recent collection which makes it even worse. Mine will fall off in Feb 2016. 

If you find the miracle worker at midland, please let me know. 

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@SuperShad wrote:

Anybody have any success with getting Midland off their report???  I've worked in credit repair and debt settlement and am pretty savvy with dealing with collection agencies. I've gotten every single baddie (over a dozen) off my report except for this one.  I've tried everything. Dispute, CPFB complaint, talking to executive resolutions even offering to pay in full $800+.  Even the original creditor (First Bank of Delaware) deleted their entry but Midland won't budge.  It's scheduled to come off in Sept '15.  I'd like it off sooner if possible.  But I will not give them one PENNY towards a "paid in full" update.  Any suggestions.

PS.... sent  a certified validation(not verification) letter a few weeks ago with no response.

BBB...FTC

and if its past SOL and all your efforts continue to fail you might get lucky calling the CRAs 3-6 months out and ask them if they will remove it early.

Message 3 of 6
SuperShad
Established Member

Thanks for the info!

March 2014 CreditXpert Ex 656, Eq 662, Tu 636 ~ August 2013 CreditXpert Ex 463, Eq 464, Tu 457
Message 4 of 6
SuperShad
Established Member

I'm going to see what happens with this unanswered validation.  After that.... I'm giving up! lol

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you have already filed a complaint with the CFPB, the FTC isn't going to help.  They don't deal with collection agencies any more.

BBB may for a business practice but not for anything under the FCRA or the FDCPA.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.