cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won With Prejudice, Still Reporting?

tag
KingAcro

Won With Prejudice, Still Reporting?

I won a suit against Midland funding with Prejudice because they did not bring any evidence to court.  I noticed on Credit Karma that Midland funding went from closed to now in collections since the suit.  

What do I need to do to permanetly get them off my credit report.  My credit score dropped 25 points since they are in collections again.  

Can I sue them for FDCP?  What steps do I have to take?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Won With Prejudice, Still Reporting?

@KingAcro wrote:

I won a suit against Midland funding with Prejudice because they did not bring any evidence to court.  I noticed on Credit Karma that Midland funding went from closed to now in collections since the suit.  

What do I need to do to permanetly get them off my credit report.  My credit score dropped 25 points since they are in collections again.  

Can I sue them for FDCP?  What steps do I have to take?

The 2 issues here are seperate.  The lack of them getting the judgement does not predicate them removing anything from your CR.  Let's say that you won a case by stating the SOL was expired.  If the CRTP had not reached the 7 year mark, it could still report, even though they can't sue you.

Same goes here.  They didn't have the information that was required to get the judgement, it does not mean the debt didn't exist and it could still stay on your CR.  I don't see a FDCPA violation here.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
usofascott
Valued Member

Re: Won With Prejudice, Still Reporting?

Actually, when you get the dismissal with prejudice, the case  has been decided "on the merits" and you do not owe ANYTHING at that point. The court has ruled in your favor and the losing party has NO recourse of any type (other than appeal) .  From case law, the debt is extinquished and you can request that it be removed from CRA and they must (and usually will without any prodding0 remove it. 

Note, this only applies to "With Prejudice" orders. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.