Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wondering at next steps after a few months or repair

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wondering at next steps after a few months or repair

Hello Everyone. I have read this forum for awhile and when I first looked into getting my credit in shape in October, found some very helpful threads. In October I started with a credit score of around 510, but I took the time to dispute some information that wasn't correct and actually was able to get almost every derogatory item removed from my Experian and Trans reports. Equifax removed a few, but really kept most. Now I am looking at next steps for what i have remaining:

Equifax shows 2 old PSNC collection accounts ( energy accounts) each around 250. I paid one off last month and hope to pay the other this month, but the one I paid is still showing unpaid?

1 old repossession from 2008 with NorthState Acceptance ( is there anything I can do with this one?)

1 collection from Amcol that I have disputed with from day one with no response. I have even contacted them and they have refused to respond 

Currently my score went from 510 to 3/16: 647 trans  683 experian 583 equifax

I am very happy with the steps taken so far and how my score has grown and now I know that I have to take credit very seriously because something small can really effect you for years to come

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wondering at next steps after a few months or repair

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone. I have read this forum for awhile and when I first looked into getting my credit in shape in October, found some very helpful threads. In October I started with a credit score of around 510, but I took the time to dispute some information that wasn't correct and actually was able to get almost every derogatory item removed from my Experian and Trans reports. Equifax removed a few, but really kept most. Now I am looking at next steps for what i have remaining:

Equifax shows 2 old PSNC collection accounts ( energy accounts) each around 250. I paid one off last month and hope to pay the other this month, but the one I paid is still showing unpaid?

1 old repossession from 2008 with NorthState Acceptance ( is there anything I can do with this one?)

1 collection from Amcol that I have disputed with from day one with no response. I have even contacted them and they have refused to respond 

Currently my score went from 510 to 3/16: 647 trans  683 experian 583 equifax

I am very happy with the steps taken so far and how my score has grown and now I know that I have to take credit very seriously because something small can really effect you for years to come

A repo from 2008 should have fallen off by now. Is it a repo and supsequent charge off or a redeemed repo?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Norman I am not sure of the differences, but it was a car that was repoed and the agency reporting is the orignal finance company? 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Norman I am not sure of the differences, but it was a car that was repoed and the agency reporting is the orignal finance company? 

Did you redeem the repo or did they keep the car?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They kept the car, it went to auction and I was told the auction covered what was due as I only had about 12 payments left.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.