cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wondering when the new card will report..?

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Wondering when the new card will report..?

All of the other cards I have opened seem to have reported with in days of opening.  I used the shopping trick (which won't seem to work a second time) and was approved for a $500 Victoria's Secret card.  I just got the card yesterday and it still hasn't shown up.  I have a Maurices card which is thru the same bank and it seems like it showed up like the day after I was approved (not sure on exact time but it was really fast).  I know they all vary.  I was wondering if maybe it will report after I activate it?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Wondering when the new card will report..?

GEMB is scary fast. If it's not showing within a week, I'd be surprised.

Message 2 of 9
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I have 3 Comenity cards. VS showed up almost immediately, Express took a few weeks, Buckle over a month. All cards were activated, not used.
Message 3 of 9
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Whoops...I forgot Comenity took them from GEMB... my bad.

Message 4 of 9
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I was approved on 6/27 and got my card yesterday 7/9 and as of yet I don't think it's showing up.

Message 5 of 9
Techsavvy
Regular Contributor

Shellie

Hi, I was wondering the same thing. I did the shopping cart trick and accepted a card with VS, Buckle, and Kingsized. I noticed Buckle has reported and I got approved on 7/3/13 and noticed five days later 7/8/13 it had already reported and I just received the card today and have not activated it yet. VS I got Monday 7/8/13 and it hasn't reported neither has Kingsized which I just got approved for on Saturday 7/6/13. Did you do the shopping cart trick for Maurices as well because I tried it and it did not work for me and that was one of the main ones I wanted?

Beginning credit score 3/13 TU 600, EX 601
Current scores 04/15 MYFICO TU 710, EX 699, EQ 663
NFCU Cash Rewards Signature Visa $12,500, Venture $10,000, Venture One $5000, BBVA NBA Amex $3,500, NFL Extra Points World Mastercard $2,500, Sallie Mae Rewards World Mastercard $2,500, Barclay's Reward Mastercard $5,300, Paypal Extras Platinum Mastercard $2,501, Capital One QSI $2,750, Merrick Visa $1100, Discover It $1000, Walmart $6,000, Kohl's $1000, VS $1450, Buckle $1250, Kingsized $1250, HSN $1150, Target $400, TJX Rewards $3500, Chevron $3500
Message 6 of 9
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I didn't know maurices was one of those cards until after I got it.  I got mine in-store HP Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 9
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

I didn't know maurices was one of those cards until after I got it.  I got mine in-store HP Smiley Sad

I wouldn't worry about it... its YMMV with every card that reports.. I have several comneity cards, and they reported with a varying degree of timliness... it will be there soon

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 8 of 9
Shellie
Valued Contributor

It was more curiosity what worry.  I am still working on a tax lien and a few other collections so my score isn't going to improve much until I get those resolved.  I have some paid collections that I have absolutely zero success getting removed. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.