Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WooHoo Big Increase!

tag
lemers718
Established Member

WooHoo Big Increase!

Started this journey  to be be in a postion to apply for a mortgage in one year. After one month my Transunion jumps 60 points from 518 to 578. I have two charge offs due to fall of in December. One is reporting a $4700 balance. I hope this will help my utilization. Should see another big jump in Jan. 2013.  Thank you all for the great advise.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: WooHoo Big Increase!

Congrats on the great increase! Keep up the good work and you are on your way to that mortgage. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 10
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! Looking good!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 3 of 10
sphinx313
Established Contributor

If it's a credit card charge off reporting a balance then it should definitely be playing into your utilization and you should see big improvement in that area when it falls off.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
shoppingsenior
Valued Member

Congrats!! Keep up the great work. I love seeing posts like this.

Message 5 of 10
Royzo

Correct me If I am wrong but I thought utilization was just the percent of available credit you are using?  I did not think bad debt owed effected that.

Starting Score: 562-October 2012 (BK discharged)
Current Score: 647
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
lemers718
Established Member

I have a charged off credit card with a credit limit listed as $1800 and a balance as $4700. That puts me at at almost 300% Utlization rate on this card.

Message 7 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Royzo wrote:

Correct me If I am wrong but I thought utilization was just the percent of available credit you are using?  I did not think bad debt owed effected that.

Per FICO, utilization would be the percentage used and includes CC, LOCs and HELOCs (up to a certain limit), and includes charged-off CCs provided they report a balance and a CL just like in the prev. poster's example.

Message 8 of 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 9 of 10
batemanclan6

That is wonderful! Congrats on the increase Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.