cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wooohooo! My CRA's are saying goodbye to LVNV!!!!!!!

tag
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: Wooohooo! My CRA's are saying goodbye to LVNV!!!!!!!

Awesome. Good goin.

Message 11 of 19
Kixforpa
Contributor

I learn something new every day on these forums!

When you made your complaint, who did you send it to? Did you send it to LVNV directly? I want to attempt the same now after reading your post and being in a similar situation as you with regards to thier reporting, but I am not sure how to safely go about it to obtain the biggest reward. It will fall off this year anyways, but earlier removal would be wonderful.

I did not contact LVNV at all. I went straight and did a complaint to BBB. This took about a two-week process. Now just playing the waiting game! 

~Rebuilding Our Lives~
Message 12 of 19
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

@Kixforpa wrote:

I learn something new every day on these forums!

When you made your complaint, who did you send it to? Did you send it to LVNV directly? I want to attempt the same now after reading your post and being in a similar situation as you with regards to thier reporting, but I am not sure how to safely go about it to obtain the biggest reward. It will fall off this year anyways, but earlier removal would be wonderful.

I did not contact LVNV at all. I went straight and did a complaint to BBB. This took about a two-week process. Now just playing the waiting game! 

Kixforpa - can you PM me how you worded your BBB dispute? I am having trouble with the wording. LVNV is on all 3 of my reports listed as factoring, with an increasing balance each month. They also have the wrong DOFD. They are listing the date they purchased the charge off, instead of the real DOFD. Thank you in advance!

Message 13 of 19
426MW
New Contributor

@sarahcmgreen wrote:
So happy for you! It probably won't affect your score much - it didn't affect my boyfriends at all but it's still just one less CA reporting, right?! Don't dispute - like I told you in PM, it will take just as long to delete either way & you may be pleasantly surprised with how fast they delete Smiley Happy

Trust me, they don't delete fast.  They sucked the full 45 days out before they finally deleted from all 3.  My score actually dropped as well.  AAoA is my best guess.  Funny you can get a derog knocked off and your score drops.  Dumbest **bleep** I've ever seen!

Starting Score: EQ 553 - TU 569 8-24-12
1-4-13 Scores: EQ 645 - TU 675
3-25-13 Lender pull EQ 646 - TU 687 - EX 647
Goal Score: 700 Across the board before 6-13

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 19
musicdiva
Valued Member

Congrats!!!

I filed a complaint with the BBB regarding LVNV as well.  However, I have yet to hear back at all.  I filed it on 2/24.  

Did you get your reply by email or a letter in the mail (from BBB)?   

Congrats again!

Starting Score: EQ 522, TU 482 June 2012
Current Score: EQ 502, TU 548 Jan 2013
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 19
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

they may not .. But it won't take any longer than they have to delete it through a dispute. We sent the complaint and it was deleted 7 days after their response was accepted by us.

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 19
Deka
New Contributor

Can you please Pm me throw you handled ththe with the BBB. I am also having the same problem. They are reporting as factoring and claiming that it was opened in 2011 when it states on my credit report that it was opened in 2006

Starting Score: (myFICO pulled) TU 618, EQ 578
Current Score: (myFICO pulled) TU 654, EQ 642
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 19
mec84
New Contributor

can you PM me how you worded your BBB dispute? I also have a lvnv account on my report and I will not get approved for a loan with that on my report.  Thanks so much...

Message 18 of 19
Kixforpa
Contributor

I got it by email...I do stalk the BBB site to see if I have any updates...

~Rebuilding Our Lives~
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.