Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wording on a PFD

tag
Ewoky

Wording on a PFD

I recently got a CA to agree to a PFD.  However, the wording states that

"PLEASE LET THIS LETTER SERVE TO SHOW THAT OUR OFFICE ELECTRONICALLY SENT THE ITEM(S) TO THE 4 CREDIT BUREAUS TO BE CLEARED AND REMOVED. " 

Will this work, or does the word "delete" need to be included?  Should I send this via fax to the bureaus or just wait and see what happens?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Wording on a PFD

Is that what the CA sent you? "PLEASE LET THIS LETTER SERVE TO SHOW THAT OUR OFFICE ELECTRONICALLY SENT THE ITEM(S) TO THE 4 CREDIT BUREAUS TO BE CLEARED AND REMOVED. " After you sent a PFD?

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 2 of 9
Ewoky

Yes, the letter also listed the accounts and the amount and date paid.  I was wondering if they just screwed me over with fancy wording. ????

Message 3 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Since you paid them, they are saying they will delete their trade lines from all four CRA's.

Message 4 of 9
Ewoky

Awesome.  I was just wondering as my Mortgage Broker said he'd never seen one without the word "delete" in it get taken off a report before.  Does it help at all to send a copy of the letter to the bureaus via fax as well? 

Message 5 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

It can speed up the process some what. It can take up to 90 days for deletions tho. I would call the CRA's and get their fax numbers. 

Message 6 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would not contact the CRAs

First, deletion based on payment of a debt is contrary to their policy, and will at best raise issues over the propriety of their deletion once they do report.

Second  the CRAs are not enforcers of private agreements.  They delete when the furnisher of the reported information reports as such, not when a consumer asserts that they intend to do so.

I would wait for them to report.

Message 7 of 9
Brax
Frequent Contributor

Agreed with RobertEG.

I believe these "letters" from the CA are a last resort if the CA has some strange issue with updating what they report in a timely manner. However, I would suggest contacting the CA if it doesn't seem to be resolved in a few weeks. Sometimes they only submit updates to the CRAs monthly (if that) unless a manual update is undertaken.

Message 8 of 9
Ewoky

I contacted the CA again to verify that they had sent an electronic request to delete to the bureaus.  After speaking to several foreign representatives, none of whom gave me a straight answer, I emailed the CA with details of what each rep had told me and asked for clarification.  I got a call back the next day from a supervisor who assured me that she would submit the request electronically.  Three days later, they were gone Smiley Happy  Bumped my scores up 34, 18, and 27 points.  Just send three PFD faxes/emails to other CAs regarding other accounts.  One was accepted right away via email. One called me back within 20 miutes of receiving my fax giving me information on who to contact.  They third hasn't responded yet.  Keep in mind, I did agree to PIF and used a PFD template foundon this board.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.