Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Words of encouragement for those rebuilding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Words of encouragement for those rebuilding

Update:

To keep encouragement going, my cap one credit steps hit and y bumped me to $2,000

I called BOA to ask about graduating early, they approved and refunded my $1,500 deposit and also bumped my credit limit to $2,800 without me asking for a CLI..

Keep up the good work guys, and like i was saying before dont go overboard with cards just get what you need and will use. I have gotten quite a fee new cards but i use all of the ones i have except finger hut and victoria secret. Im about to close those 2, i felt they helped with my rebuild which led to other stuff but now they are past their usefulness.

I will say i did get a SGV for $1,500 through SP SCT as well. So my merrick card is next on the chopping block too
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inspiring thread to read. Thanks for posting. My Chapter 13 was in 2008. We can all get back to a good place with our credit with time and careful planning. Kudos to you. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon everyone. I wanted to bring this thread back up. It has been almost 1 year since I posted the original.

The reason I am bringing this thread up again is to give continued encouragement to anyone who may read it.

When I posted my original post I had around $16,000 available in credit cards and a truck loan as well as collections on my report (the original post was 2 years after beginning my credit journey)

Now the main reason I want to let you all know to keep working you will get there. I am now at 3 years since I started my credit journey.

I purchased my 1st home (@ 3.5), purchased a side by side (@ 5.14) and now have $71,500 available in credit cards. I'm about to refinance my truck as well.

So again don't give up or feel hopeless. When you set your mind to it you can fix your credit.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are moving up and then back down again.  I needed your words of encourgement today.  Thank you.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to pop back into this thread and remind everyone to stay focused and keep your chin up. Hard work will persevere.

Since my last post I have purchased a house and did see a drop in my scores but overall I’m exstatic about where my results are.

Scores 1 year ago
EX - 600 : TU- 612 : EQ - 620

Scores today
EX - 654 : TU - 641 : EQ - 642

Score prediction for 1 year from now
EX - 684 : TU - 681 : EQ - 702

Score predictions for 2 years from now
EX - 739 : TU - 686 : EQ - 742

Just remember keep your chin up, keep pushing forward and with time the results will come.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.