cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workers Comp went to collections..help

tag

Workers Comp went to collections..help

I had a minor injury on the job in 2008. I went to my local walk in Doctors office for care, I filled out the proper paper work that says workers compensations and never received a bill. Apparently in 2009 it went to collections NCO FIN/99. I went to the doctors office this week and they found the bill which states its to be paid by the city,and that the city never paid them. I made copies and drove the documents to my city hall, a records keeper found my incident report and said no problem they will pay the bill everything looks legit. I mailed a dispute with the 3 CRAs, but now I wonder who I will my dispute get verified with? The CA NCO FIN? the city,since they are the ones who are deliquent?or the medical clinic since they are the OC and confirmed that I am not responsible for payment? Any insight would be appreciated. Keep in mind this issue is not me fighting the city or doctors office, we are on good terms.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Workers Comp went to collections..help

I would get what ever documents you can showing you were not responsible for the debt and send it to NCO.

If you dispute the NCO account, that is who the dispute goes to.  All they have to do is say yes, it is valid and it will stay.

Message 2 of 9

Oh boy, I sent the documents to the three CRAs disputing NCO. Should I also send the same letter and documents directly to NCO? If so how much personal information do I give on the letter? Just name,address and phone number? do I put my SS number?

Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Lesson learned, always keep copies of everything.

I would.  They are the ones reporting and need to see you are not responsible for the debt.

Message 4 of 9

I knew enough to make many copies after reading through these boards! I will send a copy to NCO romorrow. Thank you.

Also, can you mail a dispute to the CRAs and submit online, or is it one or the other?

Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

One or the other. 

If you do one then submit more paperwork, they can extend the dispute process.

Did you already dispute?  If not, I would wait and mail those to NCO and see what happens.

Message 6 of 9

Unfortunately yes I already did dispute by certified mail yesterday. It wasnt until today that I put more thought into it.

Message 7 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would wait it out and see what happens. 

If they don't delete, send the documents to NCO. 

Reason I am back tracking on what I said is, you don't want conflict in the outcome.

Message 8 of 9

Ok thank you for your help, I am in the process of repairing my credit and this site and its members are helping me along the way.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.