Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working hard to rebuild credit.

tag
CadillacMack
Valued Member

Working hard to rebuild credit.

Good Morning, myFico Family

I have been working super hard rebuilding my credit. I have sent out letters to verify information to all 3 CR and have gotten a lot deleted since soooo much of it was not correct. My thing now is that I am on this board everyday multiple times a day (who isn't?) and as I see other members success it makes me want to check my report every day LOL. I feel this is crazy and a little much but I have noticed that some people do this. Is that too often? I made a promise to myself not to check it for at least a month. Is that too long, since I am in the rebuilding phase?

Any advice helps,

Cadillac Mack

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Working hard to rebuild credit.

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

Sorry you didn't get any replies, but the forums have been very busy over the weekend. 

During my repairing /rebuilding stage, I used a CMS (Credit Monitoring Service). That way I knew what happen and when it happened.                                                                                                               Here's some info about CMS Guide.

Oh and BTW, there's a thread on the Smorgasboard about members obsessed with myFICO. Here's the thread.........

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/You-know-you-re-obsessed-with-FICO-when/td-p/1393078

Hope this helpsSmiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 10
novabama
Frequent Contributor

First things first.... I recently went through a lot of the you know you're obsessed when posts... hilarious and sadly true! I had to take a hiatus this weekend to spend time with hubby!

Secondly... after starting my rebuild, I have realized a negative and  positive to daily pulls. I use equifax complete advantage because of the daily pulls (not to mention this is the CR that I had/have the most baddies). I really like it because I can immediately see any changes when a CA or OC claims they will delete. This has been a GREAT help. The only disadvantage, I think, is when you have multiple daily pulls in a row that have no change... it can feel a little discouraging to me personally.

Overall, I definitely suggest it! At the least, I suggest taking advantage of the free trial EQ gives. 30 days is a long time for a trial period! Check it out at http://www.equifax.com/freetrial/.  

Don't take the scores for much though... they were way off from what I got here and lender pulls. Good luck!

Message 3 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

It's a good idea to set goals, and make those realistic goals.  I commend you on your decision.  Don't get too caught up in the scores, it'll drive you bonkers.  Work on cleaning up the bad and adding good.  The scores will come with that.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 10
S7
Established Contributor

I second that bonkers part!! I'm there thanks to 16points!!  Smiley LOL

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 5 of 10
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

I use CreditKarma, but I understand it's not a true fico score. I check my score every single day, or every other day! Hardly every changes, and when it does, its a big change! I have become obsessed with fixing my credit as well. I also signed up for an account(free trial) on TU. I canceled that same day so that I wasn't charged. I went with the TU plus, and I am kind of sneaky. Since it has unlimited scores/reports, I will reactivate my account once a week(make sure that it says I owe zero dollars!) and check my score, and then cancel the membership again, owing nothing! As far as EX & EQ, I just know that my scores are lower than my TU which was at 602 today. 

@S7 wrote:

I second that bonkers part!! I'm there thanks to 16points!!  Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

And we will get those 16 points S7!

July 2013 score:

Message 7 of 10
CadillacMack
Valued Member

thanks for all the help and tips!!! Still working at it Smiley Very Happy 650 here I come!!!

Message 8 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

650?   Nope... gonna role right on by that... 750!

July 2013 score:

Message 9 of 10
CadillacMack
Valued Member

I really hope so.. I am going to post whats on my report in a new thread soon...so I can get some more help.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.