Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working on all Negatives

tag
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Working on all Negatives

Thanks to MyFico forums, I'm working on every negative item on my credit report. I had planned to push back on the dates related to the Asset Acceptance and Midland reports, but now I'm also asking for goodwill deletions of all other report negatives except my foreclosure. Plus, I'm pushing back on the hard pulls related to the car dealership that shopped my info against my will (I had preapproved financing to use).

Current FICO is 594 (excluing Asset Acceptance, which will be coming back on & drop it again, it seems)

• Asset Acceptance--Just responded to my attempted DV, saying it was a denied dispute because it was unclear what I was disputing. I had asked for validation, but I used the word "dispute" in the letter, so not sure I can push back on them re: validation, or if I should just move forward and get specific with backup re: disputed info
  • Sent official Midland dispute yesterday, with STRONG backup documentation re: inaccurate DoFD 
  • 6 Goodwills prepared for mailing out today--requesting GW removal of situational negatives for some cards otherwise in good standing, requesting GW removal of paid in full collections due to the circumstances around their occurrance, requesting early removal for item timing out in 6 months, and requesting GW or PFD regarding an account closed due to an under $5 issue that I was unaware of.
  • I plan to file BBB (and maybe CFPB?) complaint relating to the auto dealership hard pulls, as the dealership refused my request for a letter saying I had not wittingly authorized the pulls. The dealership lied multiple times during that visit related to items I was signing & denying me a rebate to which I was entitled. I was able to cancel deal & buy elsewhere, made complaint to dealership, but was going to forego formal complaint just to spare the trouble. Now decided to make the formal complaint.
  • That leaves only A) student loan negatives -- (lates and paid default) which I will make an effort to GW, but seem more doubtful, and B) the foreclosure that drops off in mid-2016. I have otherwise at least made an effort at each negative on my report--some of which I feel particularly optimistic about!
  • I also purchased a one year quarterly FICO & TU report from here to keep track of my progress.

Thanks to you all for the support and education that made me feel empowered enough to make my best case.  Feels great to be proactive! Smiley Happy

Cheers!

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: Working on all Negatives

Wow! You are really tackling your problems head on!

Keep it up and don't get discouraged!

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 2 of 3
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Re: Working on all Negatives

Yes! Taking on the companies I believe are actually engaging in wrong doing, and giving my best plea to the rest. We'll see how it all shakes out. :-)

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.