cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working on my Credit score; Would love some advice!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Working on my Credit score; Would love some advice!

Hey I'm working on my credit score, I'd like to get it up from past mistakes I've made. 

I have a few accounts in collections, and a few charge offs.

One of the charge offs is a Best Buy card, I was paying it down when it was cap one, but when they switched to Citibank, I lost track. I owe (at least it says I do) $1,274 Oldest

One that is in Collections is from an old att bill that had an etf. I owe $689 second oldest

Another one that is in Collections Verizon Bill, I owe $860 3rd oldest

Then there’s a medical bill that’s $853 4th oldest

And then a speeding ticket which I will pay next month, that’s $444. And newest

Those are the real baddies

I do have a car loan from 2011 that has over a year of on time payments before I sold the car, then I had another car payment for almost 2 years but it does have 2 late payments.

I do have a capital one secured credit card on the way, only $250 limit planning on only putting car insurance on there.

In terms of income, after my monthly budget I have around $550 I can either put in savings or start to pay some of these off...

Now I've read (not sure how true it is) that the medical bill doesn't affect my score as much and maybe shouldn't be a priority to pay off.

Now on the AT&T bill I would like to settle for about half that amount, as due to an error in there system it billed my bank account $150 and tiggered overdraft fees.

on the BestBuy card I'd like to settle for $764 as that was the balcence prior to me losing track, or at at the most maybe $900 because of interest.

Do you think this is possible? And on the speeding ticket and verizon bill I plan on just paying those outright, maybe trying a PFD

Anyways any advice would be great, I do have my transunion credit report handy if you need any more info...

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.