Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worldwide Recoveries, LLC hard pull

tag
MaRain
Regular Contributor

Re: Worldwide Recoveries, LLC hard pull

Thanks for the input Shogun. I thought that I needed to be informed that Worldwide had the debt and would pursue collection activity against me. 

I rejected the response and sent the following (before I received your response...couldn't wait):

"Excluding their response to this complaint, to date I have not been contacted by Worldwide Recoveries nor
have they informed me that they have purchased, or are attempting to collect a debt. I am requesting a dunning
notice for this account be sent to my current address which is listed in my credit report.

To settle this claim, I am requesting that Worldwide Recoveries provide me with documentation they received
from US Bank verifying that this debt is mine as well as the full account number, date of first delinquency and
balance owed."

Even after reading through many posts on this website (I've been lurking for awhile now), I am still unsure if they had to provide me with documentation from US Bank but thought that if they actually bought the debt, it should come with the legal paperwork from the bank. 

So to clarify, Worldwide can only do an initial hard pull or they can pull until the day they go out of business (assuming that they still own the debt)?

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 22
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Any collection agency that owns or has been assigned a debt can do a HP on your CR.  It doesn't matter if it is past SOL or CRTP. 

This CA could sell your debt and the same would apply to the next CA. 

The issue is they have never sent a dunning notice, even after the HP.

And no, they do not have to send any paperwork from the OC.

Message 12 of 22
MaRain
Regular Contributor

Ah guiness56, you made my day then karate chopped it Smiley Wink Am glad about the dunning notice (that they are in violation) and am assuming that it is on it's way. Not happy that this company can hard pull at will and any future CA thereafter. But all in all, it's understandable since that is a consequence of not managing credit wisely.

Lesson learned Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 22
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 14 of 22
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Actually there's a grey area in there.  Yes, they had PP for that pull.  However since your DV would be considered timely they would have to answer the DV before collection activity could resume.  That would include posting to your CR or doing another HP of your CR.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 22
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Actually there's a grey area in there.  Yes, they had PP for that pull.  However since your DV would be considered timely they would have to answer the DV before collection activity could resume.  That would include posting to your CR or doing another HP of your CR.

True.  But I was talking about another CA doing the same thing.

Message 16 of 22
MaRain
Regular Contributor

Question, if they do not answer the DV, does that also mean that they cannot do another HP (since that could fall under collection activity)?

Message 17 of 22
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 18 of 22
MaRain
Regular Contributor

You have once again made my day Smiley Happy !!!

I will update this thread as it progresses. Hopefully, anyone else who is going through this with them or a similar CA can benefit from it (I know that I have when reading threads dealing with issues I going through). 

Message 19 of 22
MaRain
Regular Contributor

Just checked the case status on the BBB website and Worldwide has until 6/4/13 to respond. I filed this complaint with the BBB close to 3 1/2 weeks ago and I am still in limbo. 

Just venting but why does it seem that other posters have received resolution in what appears to be a couple of weeks. The wait is killing me!!! *sigh* Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.