cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worried about my AAoA - will half of my positives drop soon?

tag
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: Worried about my AAoA - will half of my positives drop soon?

Yeah, it may be in your best interest to pursue the car now while its still showing a paid off car.  If, after everything is taken car of as far as liens and changes in AAOA, your scores improve you can always refinance.

Message 11 of 15
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

In my opinion, which a lot people may disagree, peace of mind out weighs a potentially higher interest rate. Especially when its something you depend on and need on a daily basis.  

Message 12 of 15
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

I live in California as well.  Im not sure what part you live in, but most parts are extremely spread out. So unless you live some where like San Francisco you cant really depend on public transportation. A dependable car is a must.

Message 13 of 15
electra
Established Contributor

@Mondavi wrote:

Hard to say how much it may go down. I at one point had 9 positive accounts deleted from EQ. Finally got them all back on! Anyways my oldest account went from 15years to 10 years and my AAoA went from 8 years to 5 years and this dropped my score 31 points. Got them all back on last week and went back up 30 points.

Everyone is different. So it would be hard to say how much it would effect you.

Mondavi, what you saw on your CR mirrors exactly what I see between my EQ and TU reports...3 years = 30 point drop.  I'm pretty sure it'll be even worse once it's below 1 year.

Message 14 of 15
electra
Established Contributor

I live near but not in SF and, yeah, it would be a nightmare without a car.   Also, drive my son to remote games on some weekends so that would really be a bummer to get stuck really far from home.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.