Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worse now, than before! !

tag
Goodness
Regular Contributor

Worse now, than before! !

I have been rebuilding since February. My major baddies was my 17 defaulted students, completed the loan rehab November 18th, have new servicer, not reporting yet. But my old TG loans where removed as of today from EQ and TU, waiting on EX to removed. I have been working hard to improve my scores to get a mortgage. I had scores pulled, have been told that student loans keeping my score down. Now that student loans removed scores my scores took a dive to the negatives side. I don't know what else to do I went from 127% to 46% and scores still went down. This was the EQ Score Power. I thought myfico was bad with scoring took 21 score drop than 3 days later same info updated with no change got 26 increase. This scoring is getting so confuse. I thought I was doing good all CC 0 balance with 1 card with small balance . My 3 installment loans being paid on time. I need 40 points for mortgage now. I don't know what to do. I can just imagine when new loans hit, my credit rebuilding will be in vain. I am learning that getting negatives removed not always postive for credit scores.
EQ 645 EX 651 TU 703 fico 8 (5/15)
MORTAGE SCORES EQ 665 EX 604 TU 688 (5/15)
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Worse now, than before! !

It will take around 3 to six months, you should be back in business. You can't help your scores,, you ARE doing good with your reports (my scores are wacky while they become clean, patience is key here). It's a journey, not a race.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

What are you doing with your revolving accounts?

Rebuilding is fixing the old baddies plus adding good new revolvers (cc accounts).  How many cc accounts do you have that are positive? Remember, installment loans only count for 10% of your score.

Message 3 of 5
Goodness
Regular Contributor

I have 2 capital one (secured and QS1), walmart, and 5 Store Cards. Letting those age till summer 2015 to apply for some prime cards. Just paid off 2 installment loans. All cards PIF each month except. Only have 3 baddies left on credit report unpaid. One is medical. Than original creditor of SL with lates, trying to GW to take of some of the lates
EQ 645 EX 651 TU 703 fico 8 (5/15)
MORTAGE SCORES EQ 665 EX 604 TU 688 (5/15)
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 4 of 5
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

If it's any consolation, my TU credit karma dropped 65 pts when installment loan hits. Credit karma doesn't take the full amount of loan, just the balance when it's reported. Your score is best reflected via my fico (and is closer to my eq in my siggie, both reports have one baddie to fall off yet, with the installment loan reporting).

But it would be dumb to buy all three scores each month. So, just buy them every 3 to 6 months, when you plan to app for something. Pay more attention to what's on reports.
Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.