Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst to best score - stories?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worst to best score - stories?

Anyone have any good rebuilding stories.  Like I was a 400 fico, then 6 months later I was an 850 blah blah blah.  Im in rebuilding and doing pretty good.  Still in BK13 with a year to go.  By my trustee allows for rebuilding.  So I started with a secured card from first choice 12 months ago.  $200 limit.  PIF'd it every month.  Score started at 489 TU and is sitting at 667 for tu right now.  I was able to get a AAA credit card with a low limit as well as a credit one card.  Been letting them sit at zero and only still using the secured card.  Seems to be helping.  Im hoping to be in the 700s when the BK finally discharges.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Worst to best score - stories?

That's great work. You might want to let a small balance report each month. On my cards with zero balance I let $50 - $500 report.

As far as my scores. I've increased from mid 600's to mid 700's in the past 5 months but I've seen much better success stories. I've also increased my wife from 590 experian to a 730 and the others about 100 points in the last 5 months.
Message 2 of 3
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Worst to best score - stories?

About 6 years ago I walked into a dealership to buy my wife a new car.  They came back with a 477 score and a 20% interest rate.  I walked out embarrased and committed to fixing it.

A year later I bought her  anew car, at 10% APR with a 600 score.

4 years ago I bought a home and a year after that we traded that 10% in for a brand spanking new Infiniti with 0.9% APR based on a 760 FICO.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.