tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Worth it to pay this collections?

Message 21 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Charge off by Wells Fargo who sent it to a collections agency which is now reporting on my CR.

With TU and EQ it shows 4 collections accounts

With EX it shows 6 collections accounts.

That's all the bad stuff on my CR could be better and could be worse.
Message 22 of 54
pmarti8
Valued Member

That's not too bad. Depending on how old the charge off is, that's the thing causing the most damage. Do your other open accounts all show current and never late? Payment history followed closely by credit utilization, are the biggest determinate of if your score is very poor, poor, fair etc.

I would search the forums for the particular collection agencies showing on your report and research how others have addressed them. There's a wealth of info here and someone has likely already devised an effective strategy. Get excited! You can do this. Your situation is not insurmountable. Good luck. 😊

Starting Score: 07/2010 TU 541 EQ 593 Exp 529
Current Score:TU 654 EQ 644 EX 594 br>Goal Score:ALL 660 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

The charge off is from 09/2011 so it's due to come off in 2018 but it's so old it should hurt me that much.

My payment history shows 100% never missed a payment. Credit UT is good.

So is it worth it to pay the collections or wait for it to come off? Especially when some of the collections jump the price on me but they're out of the Statute of Limitations in my state.
Message 24 of 54
pmarti8
Valued Member

I wouldn't pay them unless they will delete them full stop.

Starting Score: 07/2010 TU 541 EQ 593 Exp 529
Current Score:TU 654 EQ 644 EX 594 br>Goal Score:ALL 660 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 of them are updating every 6 months though doesn't that hurt me?
Message 26 of 54
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes anytime the update regularly you take a hit to your scores .
Message 27 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

So is it worth it or not to pay?
Message 28 of 54
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

If you search the threads in regards to your question, if it is worth paying a collection that updates often then your answer is going to be yes , because it is constantly knocking your score back down everytime it updates . I had a collection that was due to fall off next year 2017 but bc it updated after I disputed it I lost alot of points . And was denied a cc for having a delinquency that was too recent or unknown . So it looks new to whoever is pulling your credit I'm assuming .
Message 29 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it looks new to a computer but in a manual review they see something is 6 years old or however long.
Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.