Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would This Boost My Score?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Would This Boost My Score?

Let's back up for a second....you list LVNV as the one reporting $860...

On your TU report, is CapOne reporting a balance? Is that balance $860? Is LVNV reporting $860 too?

Message 11 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Aside for the questions on LVNV, here's what I'd do with the others:

Bus. Prof. Svcs - Do only one of the following: 1) either send a DV. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD. IF they agree in writing, then pay it and they'll delete, or 2) follow the HIPAA process (google for more info....involves paying the OC and completely ignoring the CA).

Credit Mgmt - Send a DV. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD.

Diversified - Send a DV. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD

LVNV - see prev. post.

Affiliated - I'd send a GW mentioning that they are reporting in duplicate and mention that since you paid it, ask them to delete both.

Macys - send a PFD.

R Baker - loan...keep paying as agreed.

Message 12 of 18
iMarcus
Contributor

Llecs it was charged off from capital one to lvnv
Message 13 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@iMarcus wrote:
Llecs it was charged off from capital one to lvnv

Is LVNV reporting $860 or is CapOne reporting $860? Or both? If both, one is reporting incorrectly.

Message 14 of 18
iMarcus
Contributor

Only Lvnv is reporting it
Message 15 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmm....this is the first I heard of a CA being factored into utilization. And this is on TU that only shows LVNV reporting a high balance of $747 with a balance of $860?

Sorry for the questions...I'm a FICO junkie sometimes and learn something new everyday.

Per tackling it, send a DV to LVNV. If they verify and you agree with them then send a PFD. If they agree in writing, then pay it and they'll delete. As always, make sure you have the $$$ saved to PIF if you had to to avert a judgment if you are still inside SOL. If outside SOL (you likely are since CapOne usually gives up the debts after SOL expires), then DV and PFD without worrying about it.

Message 16 of 18
iMarcus
Contributor

Capital one is on my account but it shows a $0 balance and charged off to Lvnv and thanks for the input
Message 17 of 18
iMarcus
Contributor

im happy to say that the Affiliated group deleted both accounts my score stayed the same but im glad its gone

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.