cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would You trust a deletion letter not signed by anyone at the company? Recovery Services of America

tag
down_n_out
Contributor

Would You trust a deletion letter not signed by anyone at the company? Recovery Services of America

It is just signed Sincerely, Recovery Services of America.

I was trying to post a copy of the letter they emailed me but I can't figure out how to do that.....

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Re: Would You trust a deletion letter not signed by anyone at the company? Recovery Services of Amer

@down_n_out wrote:

It is just signed Sincerely, Recovery Services of America.

I was trying to post a copy of the letter they emailed me but I can't figure out how to do that.....

If they gave you anything regarding a PFD in writing, you already have more than most CA's will give you.  CA's are not supposed to do PFD's and thus they don't usually like to leave paper trails.  Even unsigned, the letter should be enough if you find yourself having to contest the TL down the road.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 2 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Would You trust a deletion letter not signed by anyone at the company? Recovery Services of Amer

FYI: PFD letters from CAs never goto a CRA they will get the CA in trouble and then the next person who wants a PFD is likely to be told to go jump in the lake. PFD letters are used to remind the CA about what they have said they would do, they can also be used at the BBB to get them do do what is said.

Message 3 of 11
down_n_out
Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

FYI: PFD letters from CAs never goto a CRA they will get the CA in trouble and then the next person who wants a PFD is likely to be told to go jump in the lake. PFD letters are used to remind the CA about what they have said they would do, they can also be used at the BBB to get them do do what is said.

It does not say pay for delete exactly, but too me a little generic too. Even though the letter has the collection account # on both the top and bottom.

The letter says this.

Dear xxx,

Your account assigned for collection with our office has been closed. Our office will no longer be in contact with you on this matter. If your account has been reported to credit bureau agency by RSA, a request will be submitted for immediate deletion.

This notification reflects the occurrences on the account stated on this notice and does not affect the collection of other accounts that may be present for collection, unless otherwise notified.

Sincerely, 

Recovery Services of America

Message 4 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

ok, keep it around and since it does not mention anything about a PFD it could be sent to the CRA if they fail to follow thru with the deletion.

Message 5 of 11
ori68
New Contributor

If it comes in a official looking letter with letterhead and all, I would trust it. It would be nice if they signed it, but i doubt most would. they may risk getting in trouble themselves if they did. They are not supposed to PFD, but they are allowed to report it as they see fit (confusing I know). 

Discover FICO 759(04/15)
Barclaycard FICO 763 (04/15)
Citi FICO 736 (04/15)
BOA Experian 744 (05/15)
Message 6 of 11
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@ori68 wrote:

If it comes in a official looking letter with letterhead and all, I would trust it. It would be nice if they signed it, but i doubt most would. they may risk getting in trouble themselves if they did. They are not supposed to PFD, but they are allowed to report it as they see fit (confusing I know). 

+ 1 on the letterhead! If should be good

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 11
SantanzChild
Valued Member

All of my PFD letters just say that per our agreement they accounts listed below will be permanantly removed from all CRA's.

And no none of them are signed just make sure they are on the proper letter head.

Message 8 of 11
Mikielf

I got an email with my deletion. Lol. Just we are deleting it and go away. Haha
Message 9 of 11
down_n_out
Contributor

This is the first deletion letter I ever got not signed by a company rep or supervisor.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.