Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would a good will letter work?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would a good will letter work?

I'm trying to get an account that was sold 4.5 years ago to a debt collector removed by the OC.

There is no current collection activity showing for this account, so there isn't any CA to contact.

They CO in 8/2010 and, by the end of the year, will be my only baddie at all.  I would assume that there would be no PFD option since they no longer hold the debt?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would a good will letter work?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm trying to get an account that was sold 4.5 years ago to a debt collector removed by the OC.

There is no current collection activity showing for this account, so there isn't any CA to contact.

They CO in 8/2010 and, by the end of the year, will be my only baddie at all.  I would assume that there would be no PFD option since they no longer hold the debt?

If they are not showing a balance, then yes, they have sold it off.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the creditor no longer holding this account mean that a GW could be a fools errand?

Message 3 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Does the creditor no longer holding this account mean that a GW could be a fools errand?

If they sold your debt they ate a big loss their goodwill may not exist, it would be a calculated risk, the older the account is the better chance of getting it removed.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CO was for $337. I'd be willing to pay the OC to take it off.
Message 5 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
The CO was for $337. I'd be willing to pay the OC to take it off.

You cannot pay the OC if they have sold the debt and they are not going to buy it back in order for you to pay them.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that they won't do that.  It just stinks that it will be out there, in limbo now.

Message 7 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I know that they won't do that.  It just stinks that it will be out there, in limbo now.

You might try calling the OC and asking who they transferred the debt to, then you could contact them an make settlement before they report as well.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.