cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would paying off this installment account help my score under the circumstances??

tag
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

Would paying off this installment account help my score under the circumstances??

I had a redeemed repo in November 2013.  My hubby and I are looking to buy a home in early 2016 and need to rehab my score as much as possible before then.  The repo was the result of an unfortunate lack of communication between me and my hubby, and I have no other lates in the past 7 years. 

I did a hard pull of my credit in August of this year and my scores were TU 711 EX 633 and EQ 615.  I have paid down some debt and my myfico EQ score went up to 703, so I wanted to see if the my EQ 04 score was going up as well.  It didn't, and there seemed to be some errors with how EQ was treating the account versus how the lender was reporting it, which I posted about in this thread:  Confused regarding EQ Scorepower Score. 

I'm still not sure how to fix how EQ is reporting the account, but I'm wondering if if the loan is paid off in full would it help my score in this case?  The lender itself  has been reporting that the account has been "Pays as Agreed" since the repo in Nov 2013.  I know paying off an installment account usually doesn't improve your score but  I'm hoping that if the installment account is paid in full then EQ will stop dinging me with a late month after month and my score will rise.  I'm just afraid that it will take forever to get EQ to fix things on its end, esp since no one here has been able to give me any guidance on where to start with that. 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.