cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you DV items estimated to be removed within 2-5 months???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you DV items estimated to be removed within 2-5 months???

I pulled all three of my free annual credit reports.  4 of my 6 baddies per TU are estimated to be removed in the next 2 -5 months.  I actually disputed one of them online with TU and it came back that they DELETED the line item off my TU report!!!!  I had paid the OC on this one a long time ago. (I disputed online with the other two so I am waiting for it to be removed from EQ & EX).

So the remaining 3 baddies are estimated to fall off April, June, and July of this year 2011.  I know I am passed the SOL for Florida on all 3.

-Should I DV all 3 of them?

-Any repercussions I could face by disturbing sleeping giants?

-Do you think this might expedite them being delelted off my report if any information is skewed???

-2 match up with their DOFD's time frames of removal, the 3rd one went from CA to CA so I don't have a DOFD yet on it

Thanks for your help and this website...learning the language and cleaning up the report!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would you DV items estimated to be removed within 2-5 months???

bump to get some answers please...

Message 2 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I pulled all three of my free annual credit reports.  4 of my 6 baddies per TU are estimated to be removed in the next 2 -5 months.  I actually disputed one of them online with TU and it came back that they DELETED the line item off my TU report!!!!  I had paid the OC on this one a long time ago. (I disputed online with the other two so I am waiting for it to be removed from EQ & EX).

So the remaining 3 baddies are estimated to fall off April, June, and July of this year 2011.  I know I am passed the SOL for Florida on all 3.

-Should I DV all 3 of them?

-Any repercussions I could face by disturbing sleeping giants?

-Do you think this might expedite them being delelted off my report if any information is skewed???

-2 match up with their DOFD's time frames of removal, the 3rd one went from CA to CA so I don't have a DOFD yet on it

Thanks for your help and this website...learning the language and cleaning up the report!!!

I wouldn't bother doing anything with these. They are too close to being gone. To me it's not worth the postage.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If I had 3 CAs reporting and given that they'd fall off soon, I would DV the CA if inside 2-5 months if I knew beforehand that the debt was mine and if SOL expired or if I had the $$$ to PIF if I had to.

There are two downsides...one is if SOL had not expired, they can obviously sue if they wanted to. Of course they can sue anyway if inside SOL, but a DV would wake them up. And two...collection activity would incease. But again, I would only DV if the debt was mine and if I had an interest in paying it. Even if beyond SOL and CRTP, the CA or OC can collect forever so I'd prefer to take care of it now vs. worrying about it later.

It's not uncommon for a CA to delete after a DV, even if the debt was valid.

Message 4 of 8
mauve
Valued Contributor

And your score is likely a FAKO.

If you don't need these items off quickly, I'd leave them to die on their own. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

is it common for a CA to have different fall-off dates on your different reports?  for example, it comes off of EX at the end of february, but it says april for EQ & may for TU, something like that?  shouldn't they all come off at the same time, if they're based on the same original information?

Message 6 of 8
mauve
Valued Contributor

I've seen it, but not with a 2 month difference, more like a 1 month difference.  That's just my reports, though.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@laz98 wrote:

is it common for a CA to have different fall-off dates on your different reports?  for example, it comes off of EX at the end of february, but it says april for EQ & may for TU, something like that?  shouldn't they all come off at the same time, if they're based on the same original information?

None of my fall off dates matched. Usually the TU fall off date was prior to EX and sometimes listed a fall off date prior to the 7-yr period expiring. So as long as they didn't report beyond 7.5 yrs, I was OK with whatever they reported.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.